Saturday Morning

I woke up and smiled the moment I turned my head to your side. You were still soundlessly sleeping. Come to think of it, you were always a quiet sleeper, no matter how tired you were for the day, you never snore. I know I do sometimes. It was a Saturday and yet you were by my side, it was more than a valid reason for me to wake up happy.

I very gently kissed you on the cheek. You can be a light sleeper so it had to be very feathery-like. You smelled good, like a baby.

I carefully took away the blanket from me and covered you some more. It was chilly, I don't want you to get colds. You were coughing a bit last night, I hope you'll feel better when you wake up.

I got up, stretched a bit, and left my bed - our bed.

I walked to the kitchen with my fluffy bunny slippers, you gave it to me on my birthday this year. It is very comfortable, I feel fuzzy whenever I have it on just like how I feel whenever you are near.

I got the coffee beans on the cabinet and our small grinder. We don't always have slow mornings so when we do, I'd like to make it special by preparing sweet breakfast for us. I hope you wake up before I finish.

I smiled as I smelled the aroma of the freshly grinded coffee beans. I took our favorite mugs from the cupboard. Yours says honey bear, mine says bunny bunch. They're corny, but we always love corny things whether we admit it or not.

I took the bread I bought yesterday from the fridge, and toasted it. I also fried some eggs and bacon.

I set everything up on our dining table. I admired my work for a while before walking back to our room.

Ah... You were still fast asleep. I bit my lip and stood there, contemplating if I should wake you up or let you sleep some more. But our breakfast won't be as appetizing later as it is now, so in the end, I decided to wake you up.

"Baby, wake up." I sat down the bed and poke you in the cheek.

"Hmm..." You crunched your nose, shook your head a bit, and turned away from me.

I'd be really annoy if you don't look so cute.

I lay back down, and gave you a tight hug. "Wake up," I whispered in your ear. "I prepared a breakfast for us."

You moved to hug me back. "Can't we sleep more?"

"No, the coffee will get cold. Please, baby." I know you can't resist it when I plead.

I grinned when you get up, and chuckled when I saw that your eyes were still closed.

"We can sleep again later, babe."

You opened your pretty yet sleepy eyes and nodded.

We finally walked to the kitchen. You wore your fluffy bear slippers, which you got together with my bunny ones.

We didn't sit yet when we reached the dining table, you hugged me first and then kissed me in the forehead. You let me see your lovely smile and said, "Good morning, love."

I giggled. "Good morning too, love."