Return New World part 3

Start from the beginning

"They look likes ancient Nordic runes." Damon hummed in thought.

"YR for Death, End, and War." Stefan mused quietly. "And ALGIZ for Life, Beginning and Protection."

"And you know this...how?" Damon looked at his younger brother.

"I looked up different runes after Elena gave me my armband." Stefan would have blushed if he could.

"You are such a nerd." Damon said fondly as he ruffled Stefans hair.

But Elena wasn't paying any attention to them, instead she started at the corner of her room, completely frozen. The dark being was standing there, just looking at her. Before the being flickered and vanished, Elena thought she saw It nod at her.

Elena was knocked out of her shock by her phone ringing. "Hello?"

"Elena?" Caroline sounded shook up and scared.

"Caroline, what's wrong?" Elena was on high alert in seconds.

"I think Kathrine killed me." Caroline murmured.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked softly.

"She looks so much like you." Caroline mumbled a bit dazed.

"Caroline, can you tell me what happened?" Elena coxed her best friend.

"Yesterday someone who I thought was you came to visit but she said her name was Kathrine and that I was supposed to give a message to the Salvatore brothers and then she smothered me with a pillow." Caroline sobbed quietly. "And then I woke up and I'm so very hungry."

"I'm sending both Stefan and Damon to you, okay?" Elena looked at the brothers and they nodded back and left.

"I don't want to hurt anyone." Caroline sniffled.

"I know and even if you accidentally do hurt someone, we'll fix it." Elena tried to reassure her. "What was the message, by the way?"

"She just said to tell them 'Game on'." Caroline sounded confused.

"Hey Elena." Stefan's voice sounded over the phone. "Me and Damon are here now and we'll take care of Caroline, okay?"

"Thank you both and tell Caroline that I love her." Elena told him and hung up.

If Kathrine was in town that meant that there soon would be werewolves and originals and a sacrifice in which she herself had center stage. Should she try and save Trevor and Rose or just let it play out as it did in the tv show? Well, this was going to be fun, note the sarcasm.

XOXOXOX

A few days later Elena and Bonnie are helping prepare for the Mystic Falls High School Carnival. Elena hadn't seen Damon or Caroline in that time but she talked to Caroline at least once a day.

"Kathrine looked just like you." Bonnie murmured. "It was freakish."

"Why do you think I went to the hairdresser and asked them to put in blood red highlight in my hair?" Elena asked, gesturing to her hair. The blood red highlights almost glowed as the sun hit Elenas hair, making it looked like she had actual blood in her hair.

"I understand that." Bonnie nodded. "And it looks really good."

"Thank you." Elena smiled. "By the way, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria."

"How do you know she's not out there pretending to be you?" Bonnie asked slowly.

"Oh, that's easy." Elena shrugged. "I don't. What I do know is that those 'in the know', so to speak, know to ask me a personal question if they get uncertain if I'm me or not."