all in the family

This one is about JJ's sister

In their cramped one-bedroom apartment above the noisy bar, she lay there, uncomfortably pinned by Rafe's protective arm around her waist. Despite the scent of alcohol emanating from him, she reminded herself that he loved her, and it was her fault for provoking him. A tear rolled down her cheek as she drifted into sleep.

Her sleep was abruptly disrupted by loud banging on the door. Annoyed and disoriented, she groaned. It was well past 3 am, and she couldn't fathom who would be awake at this ungodly hour, let alone pounding on their door. She gently released herself from Rafe's embrace, desperately trying not to wake him. Tiptoeing toward the door, she cringed as the knocking grew louder and more insistent. She was well aware that waking Rafe at this hour could lead to more trouble.

With trepidation, she opened the door and was met by the sight of JJ. Instantly, her eyes rolled in frustration. "Hey, Jay... Um, are you drunk again?" She asked, a hint of skepticism in her tone. The look in his eyes, however, told her to shut up. "JJ, what is it? Can you please just speak?"

"Jess, get out now," JJ's voice was rough, but the concern was evident in his eyes. "Please, just come with me. I'll take you to the chateau. Just come, please," he begged, his voice laced with an overwhelming sadness as he stepped closer to examine the bruises and cuts on her face. Anger simmered beneath his expression as he stormed toward the door.

Panicking, she grabbed his arm, pulling him back forcefully, grateful that Rafe was somehow still asleep.

"Jay, please don't wake him; he'll get so mad at me," she pleaded, her words falling on deaf ears as JJ pointed an angry finger at her.

"Outside now." He spoke sternly. "Get your ass outside that door, and I'll be out soon."

"JJ, please, just leave! I'm fine here. Please, just chill out, go home, and sober up," she urged, trying to push him out the door, but he remained resolute.

"Jess, you're only 15 years old. This is fucking illegal. Just come with me now, please."

"You don't understand! I love him, and he loves me! I-" She started to defend her relationship, but JJ's expression grew increasingly exasperated as he interrupted her.

"JESS, GET IN THE CAR!" JJ's scream echoed through the apartment, and she flinched at the unfamiliar sound of his raised voice. She struggled to maintain her composure, as she fought back tears.

"Jess, I'm begging you, just go and sit in the car," he whispered, his voice full of concern.

"He'll kill me if he found out I left, even if it's just one night." She whispered.

"The fuck is this?" She heard a groggy voice behind her and her eyes widened.

"Jay-" She whined, fear etching her face.

"Jess, baby, nothing is going to hurt you," he spoke with steadily. "Trust me. I just have to do something, and I'll be right there." She knew better than to keep arguing with him, and she also knew exactly what he was planning. Though Rafe was strong, he was no match for her brother.

"And what are you gonna do?" She gave him a tired, knowing look.

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of him." She smiled at her sarcastically, pushing her out the door. "Now get the fuck out."