Chapter 55//Troye

Start from the beginning

"I don't know how to reply that honestly, Con." Connor rubs my back softly and I don't flinch away from his touch like I have been lately. This moment just feels okay. It feels right. Just two friends talking something out. It's okay. We're okay.

"It's okay, Tro. You don't need to say anything. We're okay." Connor stands up pulling me with him. I look into his green then I wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist and squeezes me tightly. We stand there for an inappropriate amount of time hugging. When we finally pull back Connor's cheeks are a bit pinkish. He must have realized how inappropriately long we had been hugging.

"So what's up with you and Charlie? Did anything happen last night?" Connor starts climbing down the ladder and I follow him. He doesn't answer me until we start walking back towards the school.

"We kissed a lot nothing more than that though. Well I woke up cuddled into his side but I remember the whole night. We danced for a while then we got bored so we went back to his dorm and we made out for awhile before we fell asleep. Nothing too big. I'm sure you and Tyler had lots of fun." I smack his chest when he says that. He knows he's right and I don't really mind that much it's just kind of awkward to talk about with Con.

"We had a bit of fun." I reply shifting the backpack of our things so it will settle on my shoulders in a more comfortable way. Connor chuckles at my response watching his feet as we walk through the forest.

For some reason as we walk out to the forest I have a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I don't know what it is but something just feels really off. I hear the bell signaling that someone is going to speak over the intercom.

"All drama and choir students please report to the auditorium immediately." I hear a gruff voice say and the words ring through my ears. Something is definitely wrong. I don't know what but I need to get to the choir room as soon as possible.

"Connor take this back to my dorm." I throw the key to my room, my bag and the key to the tree house at him and I take off sprinting. I hate running but in that moment I don't feel like I'm running. I can feel that something bad has happened and I need to get there as soon as I can. What could be wrong that could effect choir and drama students? I pull open the door of the art hall and quickly walk into the auditorium as I catch my breath.

Everyone is standing on stage and I see Ms. Kale is crying. Oh no. It looks like I'm the last one to get here and everyone looks really confused. I make my way to the stage and I stand next to Dan and Phil who are wearing extremely confused faces. I look up at Ms. Kale seeing that Mr. Stewart had joined us. Mr. Stewart looks sad. Now that might not be a problem for someone who doesn't know Mr. Stewart but he's always happy and cheerful and tries to be a the glass is half full kind of guy. He looks like he is about to cry.

"I'm sorry to have taken you away from your preparation to leave but we have just received some really bad news that we felt like we need to share with you guys. As you know Mr. Yovanna left school as soon as classes got out a few days ago. This morning his body was found on the side of the road. They suspect foul play."

I'm in tears as soon as the word body leaves his mouth. My director. The person that was always there for me. The one that forced Tyler and I together. The person that helped me become the best me I could be and the best anyone else that I wanted to be. The person who could cheer me up with his weird words on any given day. The man that has treated me like a colleague instead of a student. My friend.

I look around at my peers. No not peers these people have become my family. I look around and I see a vary of reactions. I see shock, tears, disbelief. Some people are silent in disbelief others are sobbing loudly. I don't care that I'm not that great of friends with some if these people. I go around and give every single person a hug ending with Stephie.