𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧

"Look, Char just come back to bed with me. We can talk about it all in the morning, I just don't want you wandering around, alone at night." He mumbled, grabbing a hold of her arm. She had been drinking. They both had been drinking. And in that moment, she only really wanted to be comforted, although she couldn't admit that to JJ. He pulled her closer and she melted to his touch, letting him tighten his arm around her waist and guide her into bed.

--

"STOP!" she jolted awake to the piercing sound of JJ's voice "Please stop! Please." JJ yelled next to her, thrashing around. 

"Jay!" The girl whispered, lightly shaking him. He jerked his head to the side, still not waking up. "JJ!" She whisper yelled, shaking him harder.

His eyes opened, his hand raising to hit her. She flinched, but once he realised who she was, his hand dropped, cursing under his breath.

"Charlotte?" he gasped, running his hands through his sweaty hair. He looked at her, his face streaked with tears, he looked horrific. 

"It's Okay baby, I'm here." Charlotte whispered, before pulling back, lightly stroking his cheek with her hand. He silently sobbed, and once again, she wrapped her arms around him, letting him cry into her chest. "I love you." She whispered, gently, and without a moment of hesitation, he pulled away, looking at the girl in utter confusion.

A look that somehow made him seem offended at the fact that she loved him.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" She did mean to.

"Why do you- Why would you ever love me?" He mumbled quietly, over pronouncing his words. His face contorted with vulnerability, such a difference from his usual intensity.

"How could I not?" He looked at her in shock, eyes filled with emotion. The way he looked at her broke Charlotte's heart.

"I love you too." He spoke softly, as if it was something that had never made it's way out of his mouth. In all seriousness, it probably hadn't. 

"Really?" She knew that he loved her. Only in shock that he was able to actually admit it. 

"Yes." He smiled, weakly, wrapping his arms around her.