Learning Boundaries

"So what's the first thing you want to learn?" Cruz asked. 

"This is...a dirt track..." Jackson said looking around.

"...and...?????" 

"I don't do dirt tracks..." Was all he managed to say. He looked around as if he was bored out of his mind but Cruz could tell that he wasn't so sure of his ability to drive a dirt track.

"You've never driven on dirt?" Cruz looked at him with big curious eyes.

"Well the race tracks are usually gravel...aren't they?" He said to her without looking in her direction at all, trying to make her feel stupid. 

"It's a lot different BUT I think you can still at least try to learn how?" Cruz told him seeming excited. She then made a hard turn in front of him, kicking a lot of dirt into his face. This caused him to cough out. What was that for???? That's it. It's ON. She sped off from him and he took off after her. They made their turn as they were riding alongside the canyons. Jackson then sped up in front of her now. There was a sharp turn ahead. 

"TURN RIGHT TO GO LEFT!" Cruz yells out to him.

"WHAT????" Jackson calls back to her.

"OR LEFT TO GO RIGHT-WHICHEVER ONE-OH I MEAN-"

"WHAT ARE YOU BABLING ABOUT BACK THERE??" Jackson's voice sounded irritated. Cruz couldn't bear to watch what would happen next. He then tried making the sharp turn and ended up falling off the side of the cliff. Cruz raced up to find him stuck in the cactus. She gasped and was about to take off for help but then came back. 

"I AM GONNA BE RIGHT BACK WITH HELP! STAY RIGHT THERE! DON'T MOVE!" Cruz yelled at him.

"Yeah well it's kind of HARD to move right now..." He said in the most exhausted irritated tone but still trying to sound cool.

After Cruz heard that he was still alive she went to go get Mater. Lightning overheard Cruz calling for him to help Jackson out.

"Wait...I gotta see this." Lightning had the most happy little sly grin on his face. He followed Mater and Cruz. 

"CRUZ ARE YOU BACK YET?" Jackson yells out. 

"So I see you got yourself a little stuck there?" Lightning calls out making fun at him. 

"Hurts to be a prick now doesn't it?" Lightning says laughing. 

Jackson grits his teeth.

"Okay Jackson, Mater's getting you out." Cruz ignores Lightning. 

Mater lassos his hook onto Jackson's back bumper. He yelps in surprise. Mater drags him back up the side of the cliff. Jackson's covered in cactus spikes. Cruz rushes to him asking if he's okay. Lightning lets out another hearty laugh. Jackson gives the most callous look. Lighting's laughter dies down before he says something. 

"Awe I'm sorry Stormy boy! Never touched dirt before??? Got your pretty little paint job all scratched up?" 

"Oh I'm so sorry Jackson, but hey you were doing really good? I'll help you get these out and then-" Cruz offers her help to him by being at his side. 

Jackson pushed Cruz away from him.

"NO. I can get these out myself-OUCH!"

Mater had already been pulling out the spikes using his buck teeth.

"Awe come on little feller, I can get them out for you."

"YEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!" Jackson's scream is heard throughout the canyon. Cruz drives by his side once again. She offers him her tire but he pushes it away. He then goes to grab it involuntarily as Mater is pulling even more spikes out. Lightning tries hard to hold in his laughter. Jackson glares over at him.