"...A little..." he mutters and bats his lashes.

Jeongguk smiles and reaches for the blanket, pulling it over top of them fully. The policeman slides further down the bed and lays on his uninjured side, scooping Jimin up to be the little spoon.

"Try and get some sleep, okay?" Jeongguk suggests as he wraps his arm around Jimin's torso, pulling him a tad bit closer until their bodies are flush.

"...I'll try," Jimin replies sleepily, placing his small hand on top of Jeongguk's.

And soon they're both sleeping quietly.

But just as the sun does every morning, it eventually rises and soft tones filter in through the cracked curtains, painting the bedroom walls in pretty hues.

Jimin's eyes flutter open as they acquaint themselves with the change of colour in the room. He wiggles his nose as he twists in Jeongguk's arms until he's facing the man who presumably hasn't let go of him the whole night.

He frees one of his arms and draws his forefinger along the policeman's refined face. His eyebrows, his nose, lips, lashes. All of his pretty features. As he recalls the events taking place last night, he can't help but feel a sense of relief as Jeongguk is once again on the same bed as him, straying away most of the voices in his head.

Jimin's eyes feel heavy - that's a given. With all of the weeping he did in the evening and all throughout the night, it was bound to happen.

"Morning, my beautiful boy," Jeongguk utters with his raspy morning voice.

A tempest of butterflies are set off in Jimin's stomach as the brunette's deep and groggy greeting settles along his skin in the form of goosebumps. It's as if Jeongguk's voice is an intangible paint brush because his saccharine words have a gentle shade of shell-pink painted perfectly onto the blond's cheeks.

Jeongguk reaches for Jimin's fingers that have settled some loose strands of brown hair behind his ear. He clutches his small hand and brings it up to his mouth, dragging his lips along his skin.

"Did you sleep okay?" he asks.

Jimin is entranced by Jeongguk's lips and finds difficulty in answering his question. He peers into his eyes after some struggle and his ample lips tilt upward however so faintly to the point it's hardly noticeable.

"I woke up a couple times throughout the night, crying. I think it's just the image of Haechan on the floor... it won't leave my head," he admits solemnly.

At these words, Jeongguk plants his lips fully against the smooth back of Jimin's hand. "I wish there was something I could do to take the pain away. But I already know that you're strong. I already know what you're capable of. You know this yourself, right?" he mouths along his knuckles.

Jimin pulls his lip in and after a brief moment of hesitation he nods his head. He's well aware that he has some strength left within himself, however just how much exactly is a mystery. He's watching Jeongguk place kisses all along his arm until the sound of the policeman's phone ringing cuts their small love session short.

"Who is it?" Jimin asks.

"It's Namjoon," Jeongguk replies, reaching over to the nightstand, grasping his phone. He presses answer and holds it against the side of his head.

"Joonie, what's going on?" Jeongguk asks.

As the conversation proceeds, Jimin can't help but to almost zone out, entirely focusing on the shift in Jeongguk's facial expressions. There's a sense of relief mixed in with signs of conquer. He nibbles on his nails anxiously, waiting for the call to end.