CHP 19

Jimin awakes to the alarming sound of the bath water spilling over the edge of the porcelain tub, colliding with the bathroom floor. He stares in rapt horror at the overflowing, bubbly water as it ripples around his body. He reaches his hand down and pops the drain tab open.

The teacher stands to his feet swiftly, totally forgetting about the prominent pain in his backside. He whimpers softly while stepping onto the wet tile floor, careful not to slip and fall. He places one towel on the ground, soaking up as much water as he can. With the other he dries himself off, unable to hear anything past the vehement beating of his heart. Where did Jeongguk go? Is the man okay?

Jimin exits the bathroom and with as much care as he can muster, he pulls out some of Jeongguk's lazy clothes and slips them on. A simple pair of sweats and an oversized hoodie that falls down his small hands. The faint sound of chatter is audible past the cracked bedroom door and just down the corridor. However it isn't paced and civil. From what Jimin can tell it's pure chaos, desperately trying to be tamed by Officer Kim.

The teacher finally opens the door fully and enters the corridor. The station knows that Jimin is staying with Jeongguk and the other Officer was here only three days ago so there's no reason to hide; not as if he'd be able to anyways with his overly curious nature.

The further Jimin gets to the entryway, he can hear the vague conversation coming to life slowly. Jeongguk is absolutely fucking livid and Officer Kim is in distress, trying to quell his rage that quickens in boiling over. The teacher has seen the policeman in fury before, yes; however, he's never witnessed it to such an exasperating extent.

His head is now peaked past the corner. Jeongguk's back is faced to him. He emerges carefully, mouth remaining closed as the policeman tugs at his hair to the point of disarray.

Jimin can't see the man's face, but by the rising octave of his voice and passionate movements of his hands it's evident he's awash in wrath.

"You're kidding, right? Namjoon, you can't be serious? I saw her just a week ago. You're fucking messing with me!" Jeongguk shouts rabidly in the other man's face.

Jimin flinches, recoiling back. His gaze narrows in fright to Officer Kim and their eyes meet. As far as the teacher is concerned, the man's look is one of haughty disdain. And once again the teacher finds himself being the root of all problems. Still unaware of just exactly what's going on he takes a couple steps forward, small hand reaching out for Jeongguk's back. He wants to be there for him. Wants to comfort him the best way he knows he can--

"Don't fucking touch me!" Jeongguk barks in response, pivoting on his heel.

Jimin yelps as he stumbles backwards, right onto his backside. Hissing quietly in pain, he looks up and into Jeongguk's enlarged, dark eyes. It's as if a whole other being has taken over him. No longer does he display any form of sympathy or regret. His mind has been completely washed over with the throes of his relationship.

The man's nostrils are flared up in anger. His fists are curled in tightly by his sides. His fringe casts over his forehead, down his large doe eyes, darkening them. Jeongguk's jaw is strained, working in frustration. Suddenly his body appears to be two times bigger, the tension in the room rising as their gazes are aligned and connected, unfaltering with keen edge.

"J-Jeongguk," Jimin rasps quietly, feeling a lump form in the core of his throat.

Jeongguk doesn't budge and neither does his hostile expression. What Jimin is so used to softening the moment he's in pain remains etched that way; almost as though a new face entirely has been stitched onto the policeman's body. Unlit and distant; otherwise vacant if not filled with unadulterated hatred and resentment.