27.

A/N: UpDaTeS oN wEdNeSdAy yea about that hah... I always listen to a playlist while writing this, so listen to the song when I put the 🎶 if you wanna get into the same mood as I was in.

In high spirits I talked to the other managers with whom I had just set up the benches and tables outside. Today was our last training day in Argentina and in conclusion the coaches had thought about organizing a barbecue. The practice would only last until the afternoon, after which we could all have lunch together and let the training weeks come to an end.

The boys also seemed to be in a good mood - which was certainly due to the anticipation of the barbecue. Since we had the last day and it was more about having fun, I didn't take notes but enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere.

My grandpa was doing fine so far, and I also got along again with Kiyoomi. Even the incident between Toru and Kiyoomi seemed to have subsided. The two didn't talk to each other, but they hadn't done so before. Instead they both talked to me - just like they had before. I was glad that most things had cleared up before we would return to Japan.

It was clear to me that one experiences a lot on a trip abroad. However, I never expected all the things that had happened to me since then.

The whole thing with Kiyoomi alone would have been enough. Or that I met Toru here. Besides, I hadn't planned for Meian and Toru to find out about the thing between the black-haired Ace and me.

It had been an exhausting two weeks, with lots of good and bad things happening.

"Where to put the vegetables, boss?" Tōru stood in front of me with a big box full of vegetables.

"Outside on the tables," I answered him laughing, because of the 'boss' part.

Tōrus team was the first to finish, therefore they went to take a quick shower to help us with the preparations afterwards.

"I'll take that. I was about to get out anyway," one of the managers told him, taking the box from him. The rest followed suit, meaning that I was now alone with Tōru. Well, not completely alone since the other teams were still playing.

"This is your last day here," he spoke the obvious with a smile. But there was something wistful in his voice.

"Yes, unfortunately. I like it here. But I am looking forward to being home again soon," I answered truthfully.

"Understandably. Greet your family from me," he smiled as he stared at me with a warm look.

After I realized that the whole team already knew about my situation, I told Tōru the next day, because he seemed incredibly worried about it. Since then, just like Atsumu, he has been with me constantly. I appreciated their concern for me, but I didn't want this extra treatment, so I tried to put my worries aside as best I could so they would treat me normally again.  And it worked out very well, especially today. Perhaps because I would be home by tomorrow anyway and therefore didn't have to worry that much anymore.

The incident had at least one little bit of good in it. The strange tension between Tōru and me was almost gone.

"You look cute today," he suddenly said with a grin.

Cute?

"Oh, really?", I asked laughing.

"Yes, this colour suits you perfectly. Did you know that turquoise was the colour of my old jersey," he continued to grin at me and sounded almost proud of the fact that I was wearing a T-shirt in the colour of his old team. 

"I know. You told me all the time back then. Besides, your jersey was hanging in your room. I wasn't even allowed to touch it!"

Smiling, I thought back to the time in his dorm room, where he was very fussy about his old mementos.