Chapter 7

There was no doubt that Sheamus was the most hated person on the island. No one spoke to him after they woke up after another gas attack and saw that Sarah was now gone. Everyone was furious, but looked forward to the next advantage challenge, hoping that he would keep his word and show them where to vote should one of them win the advantage over him.

They all looked on the beach for anything in the sand that had been planted there for the advantage challenge, but there was nothing, so Addison, Taya, and a still injured Juwon set out to collect more berries for the group to eat, bringing along baskets that Erin had created out of palm leaves.

Of the group, Addison and Taya stuck together no matter where they went, and both kept a close eye on Erin. Juwon and Byron talked a lot, but yet again, their outgoing personalities had them socializing with nearly everyone. Mike kept to himself to an extent, really only talking to Al unless someone spoke to him or asked him a question. Kamal and Raul were virtually the same person, so they got along well, and just like Raul, if a woman took her shirt off, his eyes were locked on and his mouth was drooling. As for Eddie, he slept a lot, and he wasn't necessarily the most useful person, but when he was awake, he was the source of gust-busting entertainment and therefore no one complained much.

During their berry hunt, Juwon led the way into the woods with Taya and Addison walking side-by-side behind him. At one point, Taya grabbed her hand and grinned bringing Addison to finally ask the question that had been burning into her mind since the first night on the island. "Why'd you kiss me?"

Taya was caught off guard and started to laugh, "Random much?"

"I've just been thinking about it--"

"I have too," Taya said as she squeezed Addison's hand.

"So do you just always kiss new girls when you meet them?"

Taya chuckled, "Not just girls. I kiss boys too. And yeah, if I think the moment is right, I do."

"I never got kissed," Juwon remarked without even looking back.

"Yours is coming," Taya laughed.

"I hope so."

"But," Addison started trying to find her words, "What made the moment right?"

"We were both naked, and I could see it in your eyes." This is what made Juwon freeze in his tracks.

"Where the Hell was I?"

"You were asleep," Taya said before shooing him to continue forward, "And if you're asking why I got naked in the first place...well, I guess it's more so just because I know that we're all going to be here for a while, and I figured why not go ahead and try to form bonds?"

"Physical bonds?"

Taya shrugged, "Physical. Mental. Any bond." She leaned in to Addison this time, lowering her volume to a whisper, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but it did work, didn't it?" Addison bit her lip and nodded.

Not much further and they were to the plot of land where thick bushes of berries were growing: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and more. They made sure to only pick the ones that they were certain of what they were. Any other questionable berries got to stay. However, this time in the berry pit had something else in store for the trio. Sitting in the clear area in the middle of the bushes was a concrete pedestal, around four feet in height, and on top of it was an aluminum baseball bat.

"What the fuck is this?" Juwon said as he inched closer to it, cautiously of course as he wasn't sure what exactly it was or how it got there.

"This must be the next advantage challenge," Taya said as Juwon stepped up to it. Underneath the bat was a piece of parchment that read: Advantage.