Chapter 5

It wasn't until the sun rose again that the remaining twelve contestants on the island woke up.

"Damn it!" Sheamus yelled in frustration as he noticed that the fire had burned down to nothing but warm ash while they all were knocked out. As the everyone else began to sit up, an explosion of green fireworks blasted over the beach.

"Who was it?" Kamal asked as the group began to look around.

"Natalya?" Sarah called out in a panic, "Natalya?!"

Sheamus began to laugh as he picked up a now-charred fish that Al had been roasting when the smoke bombs were set off.

Sarah glared at him, rage turning her face blood red. "You motherfucker."

He shrugged. "It's just a game."

"Just a game, my ass!" She shouted as she charged at him. Mike and Byron immediately jumped in front of her to stop whatever stupid decision that she was about to make. "That was my friend!"

"I just did you a favor!" Sheamus said as he rolled his eyes. He bent down and picked up Al's spear which had taken some burn damage from the fire, "Who's up for catching some fish?"

"What kind of favor!?" Sarah yelled, Byron and Mike still playing buffer.

"Well, let's say that the grand prize is money," Sheamus started as everyone else watched from their seats in the sand, "Say we vote out the lone wolf at the next vote; that's just one less person that we have to split the prize with."

"How can you be so sure it's money?" Juwon asked.

"I'm not. I just was posing a 'what if' to everyone." Sheamus held the spear out to everyone, "So am I the only one who wants to eat or not?"

Juwon, Sheamus, and Sarah continued to argue to everyone else's annoyance before Erin rolled over in the sand to see the corner of a piece of parchment paper sticking out from the sand. She looked to see that only Addison noticed what she was doing. She motioned for her to come look at the paper with her as she pulled it from the sand.

"Guys," Addison started, but no one noticed. Erin began to read it, and her heart began beating faster and faster. "Guys!" She shouted, now getting everyone's attention.

"What are you yelling about, little lass?" Sheamus spat.

"Erin found something that I think we all want to know."

"What is it, Addi?" Taya asked as she made her way to her feet.

"It's the next advantage challenge." Addison handed the paper to Byron who was now standing next to her and Erin.

"Advantage Challenge Number 1," he began. Amazingly, everyone seemed to immediately forget about the argument and Natalya, for the most part at least. Everyone's attention was on him. He continued, "To gain the advantage of stealing a vote in the next elimination voting session, you must win this challenge. The challenge begins as soon as this letter has been read. Underneath where this letter was found is buried twelve small vials of a non-specified liquid. This liquid will not taste pleasant, but it also will not harm you. There is one per person. In order to win, you must finish your vial first. You are all being watched, and once your vial is drank to completion, white fireworks will be shot off. Whoever wins the advantage will have until sun up tomorrow to cast their first vote. After this, there will be a twenty-four hour period before the one-hour voting window. After this point, the second elimination will occur. Can you vote out the lone wolf, or will you vote out yet another member of your own group, making your odds of winning the prize even thinner? Good luck to you all."