Dracula's home

22 december

It was dark outside and I have just spent several hours on a contract business. Even though I was exhausted, the howling of the wolfs in the Transylvania's forest  kept me awake. I was extremely hungry so I decided to go in the kitchen of the Hotel. I already had burned a candle, I took it and went downstairs.

When I was cutting some garlic to put on toasts I suddenly sreamed in pain. I saw that my finger was cut and bleeding. I realised after that the Count was here the all time.

He was standing without mooving in the living-room. I swear we could have seen a red flame in his eyes when he saw my finger. He seemed very upset, I though he would help me to stop the blood but he turned around. I took care of my finger. I was too afraid to ask anything to him. I remember how freezing it was at the time of the year in Transylvania. I can't say if it was because of the snow outside or if the cold just came from the Count. When I approached him and gave a slice of my toast with garlic he stared at me like I was trying to kill him. I was extremely confused. I saw that Dracula was breathing faster than usual and didn't know how to react. He seemed horrified by the toast. I asked him if he was allergic to garlic but he said to me : Don't ever approach me again, ever !

I didn't get the time to realise what he said that the door was already open and the shadow of the Count was walking away in the darkness. I was speechless and I just watched him leave the Hotel, surprinsingly fast, in the snow.

I think the scariest  thing of that night was the absence of footprints in the snow behind his path...