Hermione's Twin Sister

CHAPTER 4:

Me and Hermione sat on the Gryffindor chairs in the common room and waited for Harry and Ron to come down. "Harry, they're all asleep. No-one, not even Hermione and Lilly are awake, ruining the moment, " Ron's voice echoed through the stairs; they were coming. "I can't believe you're even doing this, Harry," Hermione said. Ron hissed at Hermione, quite angrily, "You! You go to bed." I stared at Ron and said, "We aren't going anywhere." Ron looked at me and Harry did too. They must have not seen me. I continued, "I nearly told your brother. Percy- he's a prefect, he'd put a stop to this." Harry scowled at me and I looked away, sadly. "Come on," Harry said to Ron. Oh no,  he was not going to get away with that! "Don't you care about Gryffindor, you obviously care about your own stupid businesses. Me and Hermione don't want Slytherin to win the House Cup and I certainly don't want to lose my points for knowing about Switching Spells." "Go away," Ron hissed. "All right, but we warned you. Come on, Hermione, let's-" I didn't even notice the Fat Lady (our way into the Gryffindor common room) leave for a night-time visit. We were locked out. "Now what are we going to do?" Hermione asked. "That's your sister's problem. We've got to go, we're going to be late." Ron answerd, cooly. Ron and Harry walked off but I followed and Hermione followed me suite. "We're coming with you," Hermione said. "No way!" Ron whisper-yelled. I screamed at Ron, "D'you possibly think I'm going to camp outside here with 'Mione so Filch can catch us?" "You've got some nerve," Ron began, a bit too loudly. Harry, finally speaking again said, "Shut up, both of you! I heard something." I squinted into the darkness, looking for signs of movement. It was snuffling. "Mrs Norris?" Ron asked and I snickered at him. He was scared. We crept nearer until we saw Neville Longbottom curled up onto the floor, jerking awake. "Thank goodness you found me!" I hissed at Neville, obviously still angry at Ron, "Keep your voice down, Neville. The stupid password is "Pig Snout" but you'll never get in. The Fat Lady's gone." "How's your arm?" Harry asked. You see, the other day we had Quidditch lessons. Neville flew too high and fell over. Harry, the beautiful idiot, flew after Neville's Remembrall who Draco Malfoy held in his hand. Harry then got put into the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Anyway, back to the story. "Fine, Madam Pomfrey mended it in about a minute." "Whatever, Neville. We have to go somewhere now." I hissed angrily. I looked at the Gryffindor portrait and saw the Fat Lady. "Pig Snout!" Neville said, as he saw her. He waddled into the common room and out of sight. "Well?" Ron said. "We are still coming, Weasley," I hissed. We stepped up and up until we reached the trophy room. Malfoy was nowhere to be seen and I sighed. Suddenly I realised where we were. "Why are we on the third-" My question was cut off when I heard a noise. "Sniff around, my sweet." It was Filch. I tiptoed with the others, towards the exit. Hermione squeaked and began to run and then she tripped. She grabbed Ron by the waist and they both fell over, knocking down trophies. "RUN!" Me and Harry shouted. Hermione got up and ran and Ron followed, a dazed look in his eye. We entered a Charms classroom and when we heard no noise exited. "I- told- you," I hissed at Ron and Harry. "You guys are stupid. Malfoy tricked you, probably tipped Filch off." And just when things were getting a bit better we heard a scream. "STUDENTS OUT OF BED! STUDENTS OUT OF BED DOWN THE CHARMS CORRIDOR!" We ran for our lives and stopped at a locked door. "That's it! We're done for!" Ron moaned. "Oh, move over," Hermione said. She grabbed her wand and said "Alohomora!" The door swung open and we entered. "Alohomora?" Ron questioned. "Standard Book of Spells; Chapter 7," I snarled at Ron. "Look guys," I stammered. Behind us was a three headed dog. I gulped and screamed and in two seconds the others joined in. We ran out and into the Gryffindor common room in what seemed like two seconds was two minutes. "What are they doing, putting a beast in there?" Ron asked, panting. "You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" I snapped. "A trapdoor!" Hermione said. "It's guarding something. We could've all been killed or even worse, expelled!" I said, slamming the door to the girls dorm. "Stupid prat," I whispered. I kissed Hermione goodnight and went to bed, dreaming what was so special they had to use a three headed dog for guarding it. (A/N: SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT. THE NEXT CHAPTER SHOULD BE LONGER. I DIDN'T USED NEVILLE FOR THE MIDNIGHT DUEL SCENE.)