29

I didn't want to leave.

The few days I spent here have been amazing and now I don't want to go. Why did Zach have to bring me here. To a place where I'd fallen in love.

Our flight was in 3 hours and we planned to leave here in 20 minutes to give us enough time to get checked in.

Zach was currently on the phone to his assistant as I put the last remaining clothes in my suitcase.

"Check everything" he shouted out. I felt like i was responsible for packing everything for the both of us.

Is this what married life is going to be like. If it is somethings are going to have to change, asap.

" Here take these" I shoved our bags on the bed and walked into the bathroom to pack up my makeup.

We took a taxi to the airport. Zach was concentrating on his phone most of the drive. Some sort of emergency back at the office which couldn't wait the few hours.

" Do you want a coffee?" Zach looked up from his phone for once. I was surprised he was offering if I'm being honest.

I nodded " Cappuccino please " he barely waited for a response before he was off.

I sighed. At least I got a chance to spend time with him for now. Even if was only a day or two.

"Passengers on the 3.55 flight to Dubai please listen for further announcements, expect delays of 1 hour"

Oh great.

I looked around wondering to see if he was anywhere near. The airport was extremely busy so it was extremely difficult to even spot him.

I tried to call him but it was just ringing with no answer.

What was taking so long.

30 minutes past and still no sign of Zach or a text to let me know he was delayed. We needed to go now if we wanted to board in time.

I tried to call him again. At the fifth ring I was about to hang up when suddenly the call was picked up.

"Hello, Zach hello where are you" I called into the phone, waiting for some lane excuse.

" well hello dear, your dear boyfriend won't be joining you today" somebody else answered the phone.

I glanced at the caller ID.

" whoever this is stop playing it's not funny" first he makes me worried and now he thinks it's the perfect time to make a joke.

I heard a chuckle " I definitely don't joke dear, why don't you be a good girl and get on that plane whilst we settle some business hmm"

My heart instantly started to race.

What the fuck was Zach hiding from me.

" what the fuck is this, let me speak to him" I commanded him but he only laughed through the phone.

" I don't really think you're in a position to make commands, now like I said be a good girl and go home" the call was cut instantly.

I stood up abruptly and headed to the gates. I wasn't sure if Zach was in serious trouble but I wasn't useful here.

I needed to get back to London.

Before I even boarded the plane I sent a text to the group chat with Ade and Karly. It feels like forever since we got together to help Zach.

Me: Somethings happened to Zach in Australia, some guy answered his phone I think he's in trouble.

Karly: Fuck, okay