Chapter Thirteen

THERE IS A VIDEO EDIT OF MADDIE AND ALEX ON THE SIDE/ON TOP PLS WATCH IT I WORKED RLY HARD ON IT

"Alex? What are you doing here?"

Standing before me was the liar Alex himself, and I was quite surprised that Hailey wasn't hovering over him, watching his every move.

Codie was out with her friends, like always. I was starting to be under the impression that she liked going out more than studying, which was fine for her because it just gave me some more alone time.

"I heard from Talia that you know what really happened," He started slowly. "And I just want to say I'm sorry."

I rolled my eyes and closed the book I was studying from, a huge textbook on dance history.

"I still don't understand," My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, my blue eyes meeting his hazel ones. "Why did you have to say she was dead? Why did you have to make me feel bad for sleeping in my own room? I thought I did something wrong when you were at fault!"

Alex seemed shocked at my outburst and stepped back a little, his lips slightly parting. He shook his head, a frown now etched onto his lips.

"I didn't want you to find out." He took a deep breath. "Especially not like this. I was a bad person last year and I wanted to try to make amends and I thought erasing my past would help."

I repositioned myself on my small, twin bed, narrowing my eyes at him. Did he seriously think that? He thought lying to me and making me think his ex-girlfriend was dead was making him a better person? I scoffed at the thought.

"You let your girlfriend kick me out of the apartment. If you haven't noticed, you're still a bad person." I stood up and began walking towards him. He backed up intentionally to the door, his tall frame looking down on me.

He closed his eyes.

"Maddie," He whispered. His hand reached for my hair hesitantly, but he pulled away before I could feel iOS touch.

I backed away, suddenly aware of how close we were. He had a girlfriend. Even if she was a bitch, she was still his girlfriend. And I wasn't. I was the convenient girl in his apartment he tried to hook up with. I was the second choice.

And I'd never be his first.

But I was always Josh's.

"Where are you going?" He asked as I stuffed my books into my bag and slung it over my shoulder. Tears were already swelling in my eyes and just only measly comment could make them swell over.

"Out," I croaked.

He wouldn't budge, though. He stood in front of my door, arms crossed over his chest and he didn't look like he was going anywhere any time soon.

"Can you move?" I asked, my voice cracking. My head was down due the fact I didn't want him to see me crying, because I didn't want to explain myself.

"We can't go around pretending that nothing happened between us," He desperately said, his arms reaching out for me.

I finally looked up, my eyes swollen and red. I sniffled and shook my head.

"There was nothing ever between us! That's the problem!" I screamed, dropping my bag. I quickly wiped the tears that were now spilling down my face, smearing my makeup that I had spent an hour doing. I should've taken it off as soon as I got back form classes.

"What?" He asked. The room was silent except for my heaving breathing.

"Nothing," I said. "Nothing happened between us. And for some stupid reason, I wanted something to."

---

this was weird and random luv me lol it was basically a filler

HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKE THE CAST HMMM

n pls comment ur thoughts on the video edit and if i should make a josh/maddie one!!!

45 votes n 15 comments for more