14

I've been thinking about the price of fame a lot. I really like my life the way it is; no cameras in my face at all times, nobody telling me what I can and can't say, me free to live life how I want. Then I realize I am a huge idiot, I have Niall's and Harry's phone numbers. I call Harry who picks up pretty soon. "Hello there darling. Miss me?" he says. "Of course I miss you but that's not why I called, I have something serious I need to ask." I say. "OK well I am all ears." he says. I explain to him my situation and how torn I am about it all. "Well I can tell you that you do not have to mold into this star, of course in my One Direction days I was very controlled and molded but I never lost sight of me and my dreams. You need to keep true to yourself and if they want to change that walk away and never turn back. You deserve to be happy and my early One Direction days were miserable, I am happy they happened but I would never want to do it again." he said. "Thank you Harry I am so glad we met I don't know how I would ever live without you." I said somewhat sarcastically. "Any time Jane. I mean that, call me if you ever get in a jam or need a friend my ears and booze are always open." he said to match my sarcasm. We said our good byes and hung up. I left my room to find the letter from Matthew Hammond so I could call. I call him and we had a pretty short phone call, he basically told me that there would be a meeting for me in the morning and to be prepared. I hung up the phone and Synthia comes creeping out of her room. "Hey you call?" she said. I nodded my head yes and let out a sigh. "I am so scared to go to the meeting alone." I said. "Who said you had to go alone?" she said smiling. We run through our closets and find out most business like attire we own and lay it out for in the morning. We discuss how we are doing our hair and makeup then go to bed. We wake up a couple hours before the meeting to get ready. While getting ready we talk about the stuff we may hear in the meeting. We drive to the office where Sunset Studios is located. As soon as we step into the office building we find where we need to go on the directory and head there. We wait in a well decorated yet minimal lobby. Matthew comes out a set of doors and motions for me and Synthia to follow him. We walk past office workers and other offices before getting to his giant office decked out in sports memorabilia. We sit down in nice leather chairs while he sits on the corner of his desk. "So ladies which one of you is the star?" he said. I raise my hand a little and he smiles at me disregarding Synthia completely. "Young lady I saw the video of you singing and I have to say that you are incredible. How much do you make at your current job?" He said leaning toward us. "I don't understand how that has anything to do with what we have to talk about." I said. "Well I can promise that when you start your music career you will make more than double what you make now." He said laying back in his chair and smiling. I look at Synthia with wide eyes because who does this man think he is. "Well to be fair I'm not all that interested in money. I want to be a role model, someone young girls-" I said before he interrupted me. "So what I do is talk numbers and reality. And your reality is gonna be big I'm talking cameras, movie premieres, private jets, and anything you could ever want. How does that sound?" I looked at Synthia and we both had the same thought. "It sounds like I am your next cash cow so I will politely have to decline." I said and got up. "Wait hold on a minute, you walked in her wanting to be rich and famous and now that I offered just that you want to walk away. You will never make it anywhere, you may have talent but you wouldn't know a good chance if it hit you in the face." He said and ushered us out of his office. 

.