Flashback

Harry and Elizabeth Potter sat alone in a train compartment, a palpable excitement lingering in the air. Words hung on the tips of their tongues, eager to escape, but a mix of anticipation and uncertainty kept them silent. The past few days had been a whirlwind of discovery - the realization that they were a wizard and witch, now on their way to a magical school, a sanctuary from the clutches of their abusive aunt and uncle who had posed as caretakers since their parents' tragic demise.

Their introspection was interrupted by a boyish voice at the compartment doorway. "Excuse me, do you mind? Everywhere else is full," a red-haired boy asked.

"Not at all," Elizabeth replied with a warm smile. The boy reciprocated, taking a seat across from the twins. "I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasley," he introduced himself politely.

"I'm Harry, and this is my sister, Elizabeth," Harry added.

"Potter," Elizabeth chimed in. Ron raised his eyebrows, a huge smile lighting up his face. "So, it's true? I mean, do you really have the...the..."

"The what?" Harry asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Scar?" Ron whispered. "Oh..." Harry sighed and lifted his bangs, revealing a small thunder-like scar. "Wicked," Ron added just as the lady with the trolley walked past their compartment.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" a lady asked with a small smile.

"No thanks. I'm all set," said Ron, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"We'll take the lot!" Harry smiled, pulling coins from his pocket. Elizabeth clapped her hands happily. She was overjoyed to discover that her and Harry's parents had left them a small fortune to navigate their way through Hogwarts.

Engrossed in her sweets, Elizabeth absentmindedly listened to the conversation between the two boys. Eventually, she retrieved her wand, studying it carefully. There was an inexplicable connection, a feeling she'd experienced even at Ollivander's wand shop. Ollivander had mentioned that finding one's wand on the first try was a rarity.

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one," a girl's voice interrupted. Elizabeth turned around, observing a tall, curly-haired girl.

"No," said Ron.

"Doing magic? Let's see then," the girl challenged, leaning on the doorway. Elizabeth raised her eyebrows, glancing at Ron. He cleared his throat and then spoke, "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" he tried, but nothing happened.

"Is that a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it? Of course, I've only tried a few simple spells myself, and they've all worked. For example..." the girl spoke, pointing her wand at Harry. "Oculus Reparo," she cast, and suddenly a tape on the nose-band of Harry's glasses disappeared.

"Wow, that's amazing," Elizabeth clapped her hands.

"That's better, isn't it?" the girl smiled. "I'm Elizabeth Potter," Elizabeth introduced herself with a small smile.

"Holy Cricket, you're Harry and Elizabeth Potter. I'm Hermione Granger," she introduced herself, astonished, then turned to Ron. "And you are?" she asked.

"Ron Weasley," he said with his mouth full.

"Pleasure," she looked him up and down and then added, "You three better change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon," she said before leaving the compartment.

The train stopped, and children poured out. Elizabeth's hand found her brother's to ensure they wouldn't lose each other.

"Hello Elizabeth and Harry," a familiar voice greeted them - Hagrid, the man who had generously assisted them with their preparations.