1

Elizabeth Potter found herself in a situation that could easily dampen her spirits—spending an entire summer with her aunt and uncle. However, her mood took a delightful turn when Blaise Zabini extended an invitation for her to spend the summer with him and his mother. As an only child with a frequently absent mother, Blaise was equally thrilled to have someone to share the summer with. It proved to be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Blaise's mother, a woman of remarkable beauty, welcomed Elizabeth warmly, treating her like one of their own. The atmosphere in their home was a stark contrast to the tension Elizabeth experienced with her aunt and uncle. Though Harry, her brother, wasn't thrilled about being apart for the summer, he understood the unpleasant dynamics at their aunt's house and supported Elizabeth's decision to spend the break with Blaise and his mother.

Harry had managed to come to terms with the fact that his sister was sorted into Slytherin. While he might not have liked it, he had developed a level of tolerance for it. However, what proved to be more challenging for him was Elizabeth's selection of friends. He could tolerate Theodore Nott, Blaise Zabini, and even Daphne Greengrass, but what perplexed him beyond measure was the amount of time his sister chose to spend with Draco Malfoy.

The animosity between Harry and Draco was common knowledge at Hogwarts, a day one situation that began with Harry rejecting Draco's handshake on their first day. Despite this ongoing tension, Harry could grudgingly comprehend why Draco enjoyed spending time with Elizabeth. As a third-year student, Elizabeth had managed to attain popularity across all Hogwarts houses, particularly after seizing the moment at the Chamber of Secrets event to portray herself as a hero.

Regrettably for everyone, the summer break had come to an end, and Elizabeth now found herself navigating the train, searching for a compartment where her brother and his friends were seated. While they had exchanged letters over the summer, she had devoted most of her time to the Zabini household and occasionally spent moments with other Slytherin friends.

Elizabeth finally spotted Hermione in one of the compartments and walked inside.''Hello, friends!'' she greeted with a joyful smile.''Lisa!'' Harry exclaimed, standing up to hug his sister. Lisa was Elizabeth's second favorite nickname. ''How are you?'' she asked, giving her brother a once-over. ''You look good; I'm relieved to see you survived without me,'' she teased.''You're looking good as well... Glad to see that snakes treated you well,'' Harry replied with a touch of sarcasm. Elizabeth rolled her eyes, then noticed a slumbering figure slumped against the window, appearing unwell and utterly exhausted.''He doesn't look very good,'' she remarked.''Get inside!'' Harry urged, closing the compartment door behind him. Elizabeth settled between Hermione and Ron, exchanging greetings with them as well.

Harry immediately launched into a detailed account of Sirius Black's escape from Azkaban. Elizabeth was already aware of the news, as it had dominated headlines for the past few days. What she didn't anticipate was how closely it would be tied to her and her brother.

''So, let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after you?'' Ron summarized the story Harry had just shared.

''Yes,'' Harry responded succinctly.

''But they'll catch him, right?'' Elizabeth inquired.

''I won't let anything happen to you, Lisa. You know that,'' Harry assured his sister, holding her hands.

''I'm not afraid for myself, Harry. He wants you!'' she emphasized, expressing her concern.

''You two are a package deal, though...'' Ron pointed out.

''They will catch Black eventually, I'm sure,'' Hermione said, attempting to inject some optimism into the situation.

Suddenly, the compartment rattled. Lanterns flickered, and the train lurched, gradually slowing down. Hermione slid down the seat, unintentionally pinning Elizabeth and Ron against the window. After exchanging an awkward glance, Hermione carefully moved to the other end of the seat and looked at Elizabeth.

''What's going on?'' Elizabeth spoke up.

''Why are we stopping? We can't be there yet,'' Hermione said.

Harry stood up, opening the door, but seconds later, he was back in his seat. He looked at his sister and friend for a moment and then spoke, ''I don't know. Maybe we've broken down?''

Ron slid to the window, discomfort evident in his eyes. ''There's something moving out there. I think...'' Ron started to say. Elizabeth raised her eyebrows, sliding next to Ron and looking outside, where a bunch of dark, misty figures were visible.

''Bloody hell!'' Elizabeth exclaimed as the train started shaking, and the lights turned off. A soft crackling filled the train, and flames bloomed in the hands of the strange man that they shared the compartment with. In the shivering light, his face looked tired and gray, but his eyes were alert and wary.

''Don't move!'' he said.

A hand, slimy and scabbed, a hand of death, gripped the half-open compartment door, pushing it aside. What loomed beyond was a towering, cloaked figure, its face shrouded beneath a black hood.

The events unfolded too quickly for Elizabeth to grasp the unfolding chaos. With a desperate gasp, Harry opened his eyes, blinking to take in the surroundings. The dusk had vanished, the windows plunged into darkness. The floor beneath him trembled gently, signaling the resumption of the train's motion. His eyes shifted, capturing the sight of a single drop of water, newly unfrozen, slowly meandering down the window.

''Harry? Harry, are you all right?'' Elizabeth sat up, concern etched on her face as she examined her brother. Her hand gently cradled his head as she searched for any injuries.

''I'm fine, Lisa,'' he reassured her.

A man, whose name Elizabeth discerned by reading it off his truck, broke a ragged triangle of chocolate off the slab in his hands. He held it out – R.J. Lupin.

''Chocolate. Eat. It'll help,'' he offered.

''What was that – that thing?'' Harry asked.

''A Dementor...'' Elizabeth said, her gaze fixed on the professor. She stood up. ''I'll check on Draco and the rest of them,'' she declared, walking out.

''Sure... run away to your Slytherin friends,'' was the last thing she heard Ron say before walking down the hall in search of her friends.