Chapter 5

In the blink of an eye, a week had passed and the wedding ceremony took place. It was neither grand nor too simple.

On the way to his new home after the wedding ceremony, Ian was silent while Mr. Rayson was on some business phone call.

The alpha had gone straight from the airport to the wedding hall; he didn't even have the time to rest. That's what Ian had heard. How Ian wished the flight had been delayed and the wedding postponed. But alas, this old alpha was really unlucky for him.

Reaching his new home, Ian made his way to his bedroom.

"Where are you going?" Asked the alpha from behind.

Ian turned around. "Going to my bedroom," he replied with a blank face.

"Our bedroom is over there." Rayson Vandal gestured towards the stairs.

"Yeah," Ian drawled, "but my luggage is in the other bedroom." He had taken the advantage of the absence of the alpha during this week and had told Malina to move/set his luggage to the second bedroom.

"It's all been moved to our bedroom. Come."

What!? Ian's eyes went a little wide, his mouth twitched. How dare! Without my permission?!

Disgruntled, with no other choice, he went to the master bedroom, got his pajamas from the walk-in closet and went to the door.

"Where are you going now?"

I'm escaping. "Other room. To take a bath. You also have to take a bath, so I'll take in the other one."

Not wanting to hear anything else in case the alpha objected, Ian hurried his steps, escaping.

The attached-bathroom of the second bedroom didn't have the bathtub as big and luxurious as the master bedroom, but Ian was satisfied. He threw in a bubble-bath-bomb and soaked in the hot water.

After washing up, he dried himself off, wore his pajamas but didn't go back. He definitely didn't want to risk sleeping with the alpha on the same bed. What if the man laid his hands on him? Ian shook his head. Nope! Nope! So, he decided to sleep in the second bedroom.

Hah, who cares. If I want to sleep here, I'll sleep here.

***

Rayson Vandal was sitting on his bed after the bath, reading a book. After some time had passed, he shut the book, placed it on the nightstand, and stood up to go check on his little wife.

He tried the door-handle. Locked. The alpha sighed and went back to bring the key.

Opening the door, darkness greeted him. He turned on the night-light. The room became dimly illuminated. There laid, on the bed, a small hump of sheets. Rayson Vandal walked over and stood beside the bed, taking a moment to observe the sleeping omega's peaceful face; his thoughts unknown. He then carefully scooped him up in his arms. But the omega still didn't wake up which made Rayson release a helpless sigh. Ah, no sense of caution. Just like that, Ian was carried back to their room.

***

The next day, the sound of rushing water assaulted Ian's ears before he could open his eyes. When he did, feeling groggy, something didn't feel right. He sat up, looking around. What the heck! How?!