Chapter 3

Rose

I woke up feeling a pair of arms around me.I snapped my eyes opened,suddenly alert.

"Ow!" I heard Dimitri groaned.Dimitri?

"So it wasn't a dream? You'- you're really here?" I cupped his cheeks."But it all feels like a dream.."

"It's not.." He whispers."I'm here.."

I hug him tightly,not wanting to let him go.It's been 2 days but it all still feels like somekind of a dream.

"Sorry,i elbowed your stomach." I said after awhile.

"No,it's okay.I wasn't really having a good dream either.." There it is again.The sorrow look in his eyes.

I know the memories of him being Strigoi still fresh in his mind.I know that its haunting him.He's tormenting himself for something he couldn't control.But unfortunately he doesn't see it that way.

"All those people..." He started."They did nothing wrong.They had families,friends,a life.And i took that from them,thinking of it as somekind of a sick game.."

"No." I whispered softly."You know,deep inside,that that monster with red ringe eyes was not you." He sighed,shaking his head,and i said,enunciating each word clearly."That wasn't you." I placed my hand on his cheek softly."You wouldn't have done that.Never would you ever do that to anyone." His face hardens.

"But- "

"But nothing,Dimitri.You were trapped inside your own body.You were taken over by something else.I know who you are.You are Dimitri Belikov.A dhampir,a guardian,a lover,a son.You're smart,kind,brave.You're willing to risk your life to protect the others.That's who you are.You are a protector.A guardian.A dhampir."

"You always know what to say Rose." Our foreheads touched and a small smile crept over his face."I love you."

"I love you too." Then our lips met.It was a soft,gentle kiss that its really sweet.Then i realized that i haven't brushed my teeth."Sorry that i have a bad morning breath."

He chuckled softly."Don't even notice that."

We got up and got dressed.Ready for the day.I'm pretty sure most of the people in Court already knew about Dimitri and maybe most of them even believes that he's really changed back into a dhampir since the "testament".When we got out of the room,two guardians are already on each side of the door,acting like a bodyguard of someone who's really famous.Well practically- Dimitri is famous but you get what i mean.

"Okay,why are you guys here?" I asked,sighing.

"We've been assigned to watch Dimitri." Said the guardian on the right,Mikhail."Don't worry,it's only til' tomorrow." He said,addresing to Dimitri.Dimitri nodded his head respectfully.

"So you're just gonna follow him everywhere he goes?"

"Of course we are." Said the guardian on the left whom i don't recognized.

"This is useless.." I muttered to myself under my breath."And annoying.."

But apparently Dimitri heard."Rose,they're just doing their jobs.Nothing wrong with that."

"I know but aren't you like annoyed or mad or something? Because if i were you I'd probably go mad."

"That's because you have a really short temper."

"Well i can't really help it,it's in the Hathaway's blood." He grins then looped his arm around my waist then kissed my head.

"Oh Rose,you've never failed to amuse me."