Chapter 5

Lissa

We all heard what Rose said to Dimitri in the kitchen.Well,she's shouting.

"I'm gonna go check on them." I informed Christian.He nodded his head.

I opened the door to the kitchen just a little bit.

"You have me.We'll deal with it together.We're a team aren't we?" She said softly.But instead of answering her.He pulled her into a deep kiss.

I went back to Christian in fear that the kiss will turn into something more.I couldn't help but feel disgusted if they do it in my kitchen.

"How are they?" Christian asked as i sat down next to him.

"They're okay." Seeing them like that is actually really cute.Their guards were down and they just seem so vulnerable.

"She really do loves him." Said the guardian beside Mikhail.

"Yeah.Well- what's your name?"

"My name's Jeff." He said with a smile."Jeff Dolan." (See what i did there? :])

"Well,Guardian Dolan,you've been Guarding Dimitri since he first arrived at Court right?" He nodded."And since then have you seen Rose far way from him or not fighting for him?"

"No.I thought at first,it was ridiculous because from what i know,Belikov used to be her mentor.And much older than her but then i saw how he acted around her.It's just unbelievable to see him like that.I went to St.Petersburg when i was 15 and he mentored me.I could say that he's not the kind of guy who would break the rules or the kind of guy who could get lovesick."

"I have to admit,i don't know about their relataionship much.I just found out about them when we were searching for him."

"I thought you knew." Christian said."I didn't even know that Rose can keep a secret from you for so long."

"I saw her with Dimitri just now.I have never seen Rose like that with anyone.She's desperately in love with him.And obviously not giving up on him.Him too."

"Well,love makes us do crazy stuff." Said Mikhail with a haunting look in his eyes.

Rose

After Dimitri's brief break down.We just sat in there,talking about whatever.Of course,it would be better if we're actually alone.Damn Lissa.

"I'm sorry Roza," He said softly."I saw the small scar on your right shoulder," his face darkened."And i- i remember that I'm the one who did that to you.And i remember all the other things that i did to you and i just thought...i just thought that you deserves someone who is so much better than me.Someone who wouldn't dare to hurt you or even the thought of hurting you." He shook his head."Even before i became a Strigoi i had put you in great pain.I know that."

I can't say that's true,but i also can't say that it's not.It was painful to love him when i thought he didn't love me or want me or actually had any interest in me but he did.And then when i saw how he acted around with Tasha i was completely jealous.When mom told me about the offer that Tasha's offering him...it was really painful to think that he would leave me for another women.

His face told me that he knows what I'm thinking about and i could feel the guiltiness in him.I offered him a small smile and held both of his hands with mine.

"But that's all in the past Dimitri," I pointed out."It doesn't matter.You're still here.I'm still here.We're still together." A smile appeared on his face and he pressed his lips on my hand."That's what matters."

He wrapped his arms around me,my face on his chest,hearing his beating heart.

"I don't remember you being wise." He joked.

"Well,i had a wise teacher didn't i?" I grinned,looking up at him.He chuckled softly.

He leans down and kiss me softly but then the intensity of our kiss increased.The kiss was pure love,sweet and blissful.He pulled away and said,

"I love you Roza," then he placed a soft kiss on my head.

I smiled lovingly at him.I didn't bother telling him that i love him too because I'm pretty sure he knows that.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

When we came back to the living room,surprisingly,everyone seems in a very light mood.Even Mikhail and the other guardian who i still don't know his name.

"Dimitri,who's your other guard?"

"That's Jeff.He's not much older than you,you know.I've trained him before."

"Oh." I have never seen him in St.Vlads before.I think.Well,i did ran away for 2 years.

"Hey Rose," Lissa said with a smile.I honestly am surprised that she or anyone else didn't come to check on us,since we're there for like 30 minutes.

"You guys all right?" Asked Christian.

"We're fine.We just had to talk about somethings." I said then smiled at Dimitri."How long is this going to last."

"Probably an hour." Mikhail said."It's been long since we even had a storm going."

I sighed and leaned my head back on Dimitri's chest.Then,Dimitri took out something from his duster.A Western Novel.

"Really? I shouldn't be surprised but i sort of am."

"What? I enjoy reading."

"Of course you do." I chuckled.Then suddenly i thought about Dimitri's family.I missed them so much.They were all so nice to me- except Yeva.Well she's nice but not really nice.And when i told them about Dimitri.."Oh my god.." I said with a low voice.Like a whisper.

"What is it Rose?" Asked Dimitri,worried from the look of his expression.

"Your family.I told them about what had happened to you.We even did a funeral for you..oh god,Dimitri we have got to see them to show you that you're alive!"He sighed.And stayed silent."Dimitri?"

"I thought about them of course.And believe me,i really want to go see them but i don't know if they will accept me as their son,brother."

"What are you talking about? They were heartbroken.Especially Olena.They love you and the funeral was..i don't even know how to explain." A small smile suddenly appeared on his face."Why the hell are you smiling?"

"Did you had some Russian Vodka at the funeral?"

"Yes,i did." I said in a small voice,embarassed.Thinking about how drunk i was.He chuckled softly when he saw my cheeks flushed.

"You're definitely my women." He murmered then kissed my hair."And we'll go to Baia when we have the time to.But i need you to be there for me."

"Of course I'll be there for you dummy.I'm always gonna be there for you."