Chapter 10

Rose

Apparently,some people is like 50-60 people to Olena.I've seen most of the faces that showed up.All of them were so happy when they saw Dimitri,alive still even after all the bear hugs.A lot of people had greeted me kindly and of course,they had took some interest in Lissa.

Lissa,of course,being the social royal Moroi princess,is socializing with people while Christian's stands beside her and just talk when Lissa asked for confirmation or something else.

"Rose," Dimitri said with a wide smile as he walked towards me with a guy that's like an inch shorter than him,tailing from behind."I want to introduce you to my best friend back at the academy,Gerrard Zyklov,call him Jerry.Jerry,this is my beautiful girl Rose Hathaway."

I held in my blush when Dimitri complimented me.Jerry smiled at me charmingly.He's handsome with dark brown hair and a pair of aqua blue eyes.

"Hey Jerry," I greeted casually as i took my hand out to shake his and he did.

"Hi,so you're the ex-student who Dimitri fell for." He said,shotting a playful grin towards Dimitri.

"Yeah,i guess." I chuckled."Unless you have others that you wanna tell me about?" I asked jokingly.

He cracked a smile.

"No,it's only you." He then wrapped his arm around my waist."And will always be just you." He said then kissed my cheek.

I was dumbfounded.I'm still not used with him being all affectionate towards me in public.Not that i'm complaining or anything.

Jerry's eyebrows raised in amusement and her mouth lifted up into a slight smirk.

"She got you all wrapped up around her finger huh?"

"Well,she is my savior after all." He shot a sincere sweet small smile at me."Rose,Jerry here was my long lost best friend since i was 9.He got transfered to Scotland when we were 17 and i haven't heard from him until now."

"I was saddened when i heard about you getting turned but then i heard the even bigger news about you being changed back.I was in town when i heard that and found out your mom's having like a welcome back party.So,here i am." He said,grinning at Dimitri."Gotta say,you got yourself a beautiful woman."

"Oh don't let her small figure fool you,if you mess with her,you'd surely be dead." Dimitri said,chuckling.

"Oh i wouldn't.I know about what happened at St.Vladimirs.What you and that Moroi boy did was honestly,amazing."

"Wow.So news do travels around." Even in Russia everyone.

"The Moroi.He's a royal right? An Ozera?" He asked,arching his eyebrow.

"Yep.And he's here tonight too." I looked around in search of Christian and i saw him getting a drink."Sparky!" I called out.

He looked around and pursed his lips when he saw me.

"How many times do i have to tell you not to call me that?" He sneered."Especially when there's people around." I ignored him.

"Jerry,this is Christian Ozera,the one and only." I introduced with a grin.

They shook handsJerry seems to be excited though which surprised me since no one has ever been that excited to get to know Christian,most of the time,people stay away from him which i find ridiculous because their reasons are just idiotic,unlike mine.He annoys me but still i love him as my brother but i won't ever admit that to him in reality.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lord Ozera,really." Jerry said,grinning from ear to ear.

"Oh please,call me Christian.I don't like people calling me by my titles." Huh,never did i thought i'd see Christian being genuinely- wait let me rephrase that- acting so polite.

"Christian,this is Gerrard Zyklov." Dimitri introduced.

"Call me Jerry." Said Jerry himself.

Then they started to talk and i immediately excuse myself since i can't tolerate Christian's cockiness.Okay,that's a lie.He actually never boasts about anything to anyone but me.I went outside for some fresh air and sat on the steps,even though it's cold out but i can handle it.

I closed my eyes,enjoying the serene surroundings and just thought about how lucky i am right now to be around the people i love and care about.Also,i'm grateful it's not another sad event.Dimitri's so happy here it makes my heart melt.No matter how much cheesy that sounds,i don't care.I'm in love,so i can't really help it.

I turned around when i heard the door opened.It's only Lissa.

"Hey," She greeted me with a warm smile then sat down beside me."What are you doing out here?"

"Just needed some fresh air i guess." I sighed,looking around before turning to look at her."What about you? Tired of getting compliments?" I joked.

She sighed exasperatedly."Don't get me wrong,i love to interact with them since all of them are just so nice and kind but it made me a little exhausted to have a conversation with practically everyone in there."

I laughed."I'm sorry that your life is so hard right now princess."

She slapped my shoulder playfully,"Hey!" She pretended to be offended.

"Okay,sorry." I chuckled."But in all seriousness," i held her hand in mine comfortingly."Thank you for doing this for me.For Dimitri.Really," I said meaningfully.

She smiled sincerely.I saw her pursed her lips then a small smile formed on her face as she looked down for about a second to the ground then look back up to me.

"I'm happy to.Rose,since i've known you,never had i ever seen you like this before.I can see from your eyes that you really really love Dimitri,not that i ever doubt it,and him too.Your love for each other,it's undeniable.At first,i have to admit,i kind of find it ridiculous when i first found out," Okay,a little hurt by that."But then when i saw how protective you guys are with each other and how much you cared for each other,i understood.You guys are just meant to be,i don't care how cheesy that sounds but it's the truth.Also,when you're together,your aura would shine so bright,him too that i even at one point thought that i could get blinded by it." She joked."You are happy right?"

"Actually,at the moment,i feel beyond that.I feel content."

We exchanged sincere smiles then she pulled me in a hug.

"Come on,let's go inside or we'll freeze to death." She took my hand and brought me inside.

Dimitri came right to us when he noticed us.

"Sorry Vasilisa,but Mark and Oksana can't seem to make it tonight but they promised to have lunch with us tomorrow."

"That's alright.I'm kind of tired anyways.Also,Dimitri,please just Lissa."

I chuckled at Dimitri's struggle of not using formal titles.

The party went on for about a few more hours.Finally,people started to leave.When they all had gone home,me and the others went straight to cleaning the house which led to another two hours.I was relieved when i entered Dimitri's - our room.I quickly changed into my pjs and flopped down on the bed.

"Tired?" Asked a grinning Dimitri who's leaning against the door frame.

"Come lay down." I said sleepily.I heard him chuckled and after a few minutes,i felt his arm wrapped around my waist.I turned around to face him."You had a great day?"

"Splendid." He then kissed my forehead."Get some rest,Roza."

I was already slipping but i managed to say,"I love you."

And then faintly,i heard him saying,"I love you to the moon and back Roza."

SO SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING.ALSO,SORRY FOR THE CHEESINESS,I CAN'T HELP MYSELF,IT'S CURRENTLY 4 AM. ~ Mariam シ