Me, My Boyfriend, and Her (4)

Start from the beginning

"It's been 84 years", is what she said and she checked me out which made me conscious.

It was a hell of a day, I must say. There's no word that could explain how I felt during those times I'm with here.

I know it's a bit of trite and old school but Lisa prepared a picnic for us. Is this how your boyfriend's best friend should treat you? I don't know she has this romantic bones in her. It was awkward for me since everyone's eyeing us judgmentally because who wouldn't, right? It is not everyday that you'll see two gorgeous ladies having a romantic picnic—is it even romantic tho?

So yeah, we had our picnic and talked about life and stuff. I learned that she actually had a downcast childhood considering that they are second family. She had a hard time dealing with her older brother that's why his dad sent her to London, together with her mom and sometimes, the chancellor would visit his second family there.

When I asked about how he and Kai met, she said how cool their friendship is. Their parents would always tease them 'cause they look lovely but even at the young age, Lisa knew that she wasn't into guys. They keep in touch even if Lisa flew abroad and that's how she knew about me.

"Kai would always talk about you that's why I knew you even before I met you. Every. Single. Details."

Kai had this short-term memory and Lisa, his best friend, was his human diary. He would always talk about me to Lisa 'cause he knows that he might forget it sooner.

This explains why he seems like he has amnesia and keeps on forgetting what I like.

I honestly can't encapsulate what happened that day but one thing is for sure — it truly made me question everything but at the same time, I'm afraid to accept my thoughts.

"What made you love him?", She asked as we walked in the busy streets of Hongdae, as if we were the only people here.

Her question made me scoffed.

"What kind of question is that? Is it like an interview or something?"

"I was just wondering. I mean, Kai's a great guy but I just wanna know." , She nonchalantly answered.

"Uhh, well. He's really a great guy. The one you could ever dream of. I really love the way he cared for me and listen to me every time. His random letters, surprises, gifts and everything.", I said as I remember how he surprised me during lunchtime on our 5th month. That's one of our unforgettable moment.

"That sounds sweet, tho if I was him, I would question your love for me."

We sat at an empty bench in the central park and watch the stars.

"What do you mean?" , I said, feeling slightly offended.

"Nothing. I was just thinking, how the hell are you able to like me?"

Did I heard her right?

"Pardon?"

"What I'm saying is, you like me." Woah, she is so boastful.

"I have a boyfriend, you lout", I defended myself.

"That's it. You could've said that you 'love your boyfriend' rather than 'have'".

"Same thing" This conversation is senseless.

"Remove the surprises, the gifts, the romantic gestures, and such— do you still love him?" What kind of question is this? Ugh.

"Of course, I do! You think so lowly of me. I can buy whatever he's giving. I'm not that materialistic and definitely not on the market!"

I can't believe this witch. She just took me to a nice date— a not-so-friendly date just to diss and insult me. Who did she think she is?

I got up but even before I took my first step away, she held my wrist that made me glance her way.

"Did you love him even before he sent those secret letters in your locker, the sunflowers every 16th day of the month, the random compliments?"

How did she know all of that? I mean, I know that Lisa is Kai's best buddy but she didn't need to know that, for the love of cows.

"No's the answer, right? What if I told you that I wa—"

"Stop this nonsense, Lisa. I don't know where this talk is heading but if you're just going to question my love for Kai, quit it.", I didn't let her finish.

I know, I'm an asshole for developing affection towards her despite her being best friend with my boyfriend. Maybe she's right, my love for him is shallow  not because I was wooed by spot of effort (I'd like to put it that way coz I'm not materialistic) but because its foundation is feeble.

But I am aware that my feelings towards Lisa (if there's any or I'm just confused) is nothing compared to my dynamic love for Kai. 

"Just let me finish it, please." She pleaded but I just ignore her words and walk away.

I really thought we'd have a harmonious kinship but I guess I was wrong. She even accused me of liking her.

'Is she even wrong, tho?', said by my subconscious.

"Jennie!"

Fortunately, I easily hailed a cab and went home. We were just talking peacefully a while ago! I don't know how did that happened.

She keeps on calling and texting me but I just ignored her existence. It's very wrong trying to get along with the person I hate the most in the first place. I shouldn't have put efforts making friends with her.

'Is that really is? Or you're just not accepting of everything tea that she's gonna spill to wake the shit out of you?'

Okay, I admit. I kinda like her. Kinda. It feels like I know her from the moment I saw her with Kai during their match. I just fed myself to the thought that I'm jealous to her but in fact, I'm jealous to Kai for having Lisa. My frustrations became worst when we somehow spent our time together.

'But why are you in denial?'

Am I? I am certain of what I am feeling right now. I am just afraid to trade my relationship with Kai over this petty attraction I am feeling towards a girl who don't even like me.

I'll choose who choose me

______________________________

A/N:

I know y'all don't care but I'm sorry for not updating last week, I think. It's our midterm so I need to prepare for it (I didn't review tho).

Is there any ChaeLisa shipper here? What are your thoughts on me making a ChaeLisa story here?