Chapter 1: Awaken

Third Person { POV }

"It has been so long. This is one of my favorite parts of the life that I lived in. There was an ordinary guy - as ordinary as me and you - who fell in love with an entity, an entity who was called the goddess of Creation. with 7 siblings who betrayed each other. Who fought and fought, with each other and sometimes together against the world. They were the cursed creations of God. They were Immortals but... Somebody killed them the question is who could it be? This story is about love and betrayal. Are you ready to go on with this story, dear?"

"It's night-time and here I am in the dark forest, on a dark night, "aaren said..
My friends must be enjoying themselves as they drink and eat rabbits, they are all so strong aren't they? Expect.... Me, useless huh? Did they even ever liked me at all? Aaren thought to himself,
Aaren felt joy seeing a probably stray dog "would you listen to my story? What the - What am I doing talking to a dog?!" Aaren continued
"But on the other hand you are the only one here I would like to talk to" Aaren smiled at the dog
Aaren sighs and continues "My mother is sick, and I cannot face her like this. I turned 18 today, and nobody wished me... even June. I feel broken" aaren stops for a second "I feel... Betrayed"
Aaren feels a tear roll down his cheeks but he quickly wipes it. He tries to not cry and puts a fake smile on his face
"I just don't understand! Why does nobody like me?!" Aaren sighs "anyway, it's probably just that I am unlucky"
Aaren fake smiles "What am I even talking about. Did I tell you about June, she is awesome and better than any other person I've met. But the thing is that she has... A lover"
"No one can be with me forever, and I know it" aaren looks around trying to distract himself with something.

The dog starts going away but aaren doesn't notice. "Seeing people happy makes me happy but I want my happiness too, you know?" Aaren finally notices that the dog is not there "Hey! Hey! Doggo come back!"
Despite the effort that aaren makes the dog just runs away into the forest.

Right now I have to go home and face mom aaren thoughts to himself
Aaren sadly goes home trying to figure out how to face his mom and building up some excuses and lies in his mind

Aaren knocks on his house's door
"Mom, I'm home!' he yells
But gets no answers, so aaren lets himself in.

"Mom, I'm home!" He yells again, still no answer

"Mom, I am hungry please answer me!" He tries once again but still no luck.

As he enters his mother's room he sees her laying unconscious on the bed."Mom! Mom! What happened?! Why won't you wake up?!"
He yells and sobs

Aaren ran to his aunt's. "Aunt Mariya! Aunt Mariya!"
He began shouting

"What happened? Why are you shouting?" Aunt Mariya replied nicely
"My - My Mother, something happened to her. Please help us!" Aaren explained

"Okay. Let's see what happened to her" They both went to Aaren's house
"Stay calm! I need only hot water and some herbs" Aunt Mariya tells.

"What type of herbs do you need, I promise I'll bring it"
Aaren questions. "Ashasil, you will find it in the forest of misery but be careful"

"I'll bring it as soon as possible"
aaren assured Aunt Mariya
Aaren, as he promised brought the herbs, Aunt Mariya checked his mother and returned.

"I am sorry to break it to you but your mother will only survive a few hours," Aunt Mariya said while Aaren broke out crying and sobbing.

"This is all my fault, I am the one to be blamed. But she can't just, just leave me like this. This is unfair" aunt Mariya barely heard his voice between his sobs.
"I am sure you can do something about it, right?" Aunt Mariya looked at Aaren with a face of disapproval.
"ugh" a voice came from inside the room, it was Aaren's mom.

"Mum, don't worry I am gonna save you. Nothing will happen to you I promise" Aaren looked into his mother's eyes...

"Don't worry about me son. Just let me go, you can't hold anyone back when it is their time. The whole world has its soul and it has its time." Aaren's mother said as she slowly closed her barely open eyes.
The whole night Aaren was there holding his mum's hand.

Aaren woke up and rubbed his sleep away from his eyes. He knew it was going to be a painful day for him.
"Wake up, we have to get ready for your mother's funeral and you have to go and buy things for her funeral" Aunt Mariya said softly.

Aaren sighs and then continues as per usual. Once he is done with his daily chores he reminds himself of his mother and approaches Aunt Mariya.

"I am going to buy things for mum's funeral, take care of mum, please"
With those words, Aaren sets off to buy things for his mother's funeral.

"Have you prepared your goodbye speech to your mother's funeral?" Aunt Mariya asks calmly..

"I don't know - I don't know what to say, I have no words but... I do have to speak and that is a must" Aaren says weakly.

Aaren was preparing his speech on a piece of paper:-

"Hello everyone,
I don't know what to say about my mother she was the best person and the most important person in my life. She would always protect me and be there for me. She was my mentor and my light in the dark. I don't have any words except I love you, Mama"

Hours passed and it was finally time for the funeral.

Finally, Aaren came to give his speech. He started

"Hello everyone,
I don't know what to say about my mother, she was - she was." Aaren's confidence started to disappear as he looked at the people's faces. The piece of paper slipped from his hand and he again disappeared into the forest of misery.

"Brother I felt something bad today" Ikarish, The god of death spoke.

"What is it?" Daryl, The god of the underworld asked.

"I don't know but something is strange, something strong as strong as us is on earth," Ikarish explains

"Hmm. Though it is impossible I will give you the benefit of doubt and search if something strange has been happening on earth lately" Daryl says

Aaren sits on the ground and leans his head against a tree. He hears somebody or something step closer to him.

He picks up a stick to defend himself. "Whoever you are. Just know that I am not afraid to fight! Show yourself!" Aaren yells.

"Don't worry, I won't harm you" a voice comes from a certain direction.

"How do I believe you?" Aaren asks as the thing steps closer.

To be continued..

So what do think about this chapter??
Share your reviews in the comments and don't forget to vote!

Quote: Is it possible to survive without someone? Who you loved once deeply!..

Author's Note!

Hello sweethearts!
Thank you for taking your precious time to read my book. Every read, vote, comment, and all your support is highly appreciated. Endless is my first book and my loved one's so, please be gentle with it..

See you soon, take care!