Chapter 5: Moonlight

Third Person { POV }

Hazel started coughing. “Oh, thank god, you're okay.” Aaren hugged her tight and barely smiled with tears in his eyes.

“Aaren, the way you hold me, I can't breathe!” Hazel hardly completed the sentence. “Ohh, I'm so sorry, I-I'm just happy.” Aaren chuckled.  

“You know what?” Hazel questioned. 

“What?” Aaren replied. “I intend to die in your arms.” She mentioned with a smile.

“Hey! Don't say that, please” Aaren hugged her again. "Okay-okay so get up now, no emotional discussions" 

Aaren lifted hazel in his arms and started walking back to the hut. “No one is here now, Hazel. We're safe.” He assured and tried to comfort her. 

He comfortably rolled her onto the floor while Hazel held his hand tightly. “I saw a vision again, Aaren.” She mentioned, with a tear in her eyes.

“What was that?” Aaren questioned. 

“That-that was my father, Aaren. My father said that I'm a creator, my powers will be revealed soon and I have to prepare for this. I also questioned him, asking that I saw him in my vision, that my brother had killed him. He said, ‘We'll meet again no matter, I'm dead or alive.’ I don’t understand this.” Hazel explained.

“Shhh Shhh, it's okay-it's okay don't pressure your mind. We'll find what's happening okay? Now relax, take a deep breath, and rest.” Aaren calmed her.  

And the Hazel slept, holding his hands.

| A hours later | 

“Aaren,” Hazel called him. “Yes, I'm right here, with you,” Aaren replied. 

Hazel opened her eyes and saw Aaren holding her hand. She gave a smile. “I slept well, Aaren!” He smiled back. 

“Yes, you did, peacefully!” Aaren answered. 

“Hazel, may I ask you something?” He inquired. 

“Yes, of course! You do not need to take permission, Aaren.” She smiled. 

“Okay, so what's your hobby, Hazel? I don't know why but I'm curious to know. You seem like a witch!” Aaren questioned, with a smile. 

“What does ‘hobby’ mean, Aaren?” Hazel curiously asked.

“Umm, it's like what do you like to do,” Aaren explained. “Like, I love to write poetry.” He continued.

"Oh really, can you please recite one for me?” Hazel almost begged.

“Okay, let me try!” He replied with a wink.

| Moonlight 🎶|

“You were my moonlight in my darker days, 
Darling, I’m like the wind, let me embrace.
Make me the rain, 
Make me a long night, 
Make me your emotions, make me your desire  
Darling, you were my moonlight in my darker days. 

In the morning you bring sunshine upon my face, 
Darling, don't leave me alone, I'm damaged with regrets. 
Just hold my hand and stay endless, 
I'll be yours and you will be mine reckless,
Darling, you were my moonlight in my darker days. 

My past burns me day and night,  
Darling, heal my scars with your light.  
I need you to be with me in the twilight, 
Darling, you were my moonlight in my darker days. 

I desire to be with you till my death. 
Laugh wholehearted, what’s the reason for this sadness,
Darling, you were my moonlight in my darker days.”

|🎶🎶|

“So how was that?” He questioned, trying to hold back the tears in his eyes but his eyes won't permit him, and tears rolled down his cheek. 

“Hey!” Hazel holds his hand and puts her head on his shoulder. “Please don't cry.”

“You want to know what I like doing? What I wish for?” Hazel questioned.

Aaren raised his eyebrows and curious to know. "I wish to spend each moment of my life just with you, Aaren." She continued with tears in her eyes. 

"And I wish to create a new world of love with you," Aaren replied. 

“What?” Hazel continued, with confusion. 

‘You stupid dumbass, what did you say?’ Aaren thought to himself. 

“Ahem.” Aaren clears his throat. “Nothing- nothing, no emotional talks remember?” Aaren chuckled and rubbed his tears. 

“Okay, gentleman.” She smiled back. 

“Shall we go now?” He got up and extended his hand. Hazel took his hand and both started walking towards the jungle. 

“Aaren, my son.” Someone talked, from behind the woods.

“Aaren, someone is calling you,” Hazel whispered. 

Aaren noticed. “Father, is that you?” He replied. 

“Yes, my son, it's me.” The voice claimed. He wore a black cape.

Aaren took a step, he recognized his father. “Aaren, don't get close to him. He's not your father!” Hazel yelled. 

“What are you talking about, Hazel? He's my father and you never saw him. You don't know him!” Aaren shouted because he got angry.  

“Aaren, try to understand me. I can see his real face and he's a monster. Remember, I have some powers!” Hazel worriedly explained.  

“Son, who's she? And I'm here to apologize for what I have done with you and your mother.” His father said, tears visible in his eyes. 

Aaren tried to take a step but Hazel held his hand, tried her best to stop him. “Please don't.” 

“He's my father, Hazel. Please understand. I loved him my entire life but he never loved me back but he's here for me now.” Aaren bid, crying. 

“Enough.” The man who called himself Aaren's father turned into a black monster. “I'm a shapeshifter, my son.” The monster laughed.

“My master sent me to kill you both and I obey his command.” The monster continued with a thick voice.

“You've played very well, now it's my turn, you monster!” Hazel yelled with anger in her eyes.

“You try to kill Aaren and try to hurt him, that's the thing I won't forgive.” She continued and brought her hands up, her eyes getting blue.

The monster ran towards her-

To be continued..

Hello sweethearts!

So how was chapter 5? "Let's see what happens next with Aaren and Hazel?" "What will Hazel do with the Shapeshifter?"

See you soon, take care!