Chapter One

"Babe, stop crying. People are staring." Josh said enjoying this moment of my tears as he touched my cheek with his thumb stroking it, as I tried to ignore the sparks at his touch.

"Don't," My words got stuck in my throat, and then the bell rang. I watched as girls giggled at me while walking past, and Josh's cold soul enjoyed it because he started smirking. God, I hate this.

"Cat got your tongue?" He laughed at his own pathetic and lame I might add joke and walked off towards the cafeteria with girls running after him. I just collapsed onto my knees while crying and occasionally screaming. A couple of blonds walked past giving me sneers and smirks and very rarely, others gave sympathy. Ugh, I hated it. Even teachers gave me looks, some like I was a circus freak and others, like I was a lost child crying out to people to help me find my mommy.

I sat there like my world was falling apart, my heart thudded against my chest and my mascara smudged on my puffed cheeks and I barely maintained to keep my knees from shaking. I can't believe I let him fool me with his signature smirk and engaging brown eyes. He apparently dumped me cause, and I quote; 'Didn't let him do things to me like other girls' so what if I'm not a slut? You have to go and dump me right? I know I wasn't in love or anything, but it still felt like heartache. What's worse is I actually believed, truly believed he cared. A new set of tears came rolling out until I saw a shadow awkwardly hovering over me.

"Are you okay?" The supposed shadow asked.

I shuddered at her caring voice, I looked up slowly and carefully, my eyes fell over a familiar girl. As I studied her for a while, I realized that it was the new kid in my biology class. Well, she wasn't exactly new or anything; she had been in my class for a couple of months but I considered her new since I never spoke to her. She had piercing blue eyes and had straight and creamy brown hair up to her shoulders. "Y-yeah." I didn't want to chase this one off, there was something about her strangely enough I liked.

"I heard what happened." A few more tears escaped my eyes and I looked down as she bent down onto her knees to sit next to me. "Josh is a jerk. Trust me, I learned the hard way." Her eyes shot with emotion but she stopped before her eyes could form tears. She squatted down and rubbed her hand against my back.

"You can leave, I don't need sympathy." I said coldly while turning my tough girl act on, but I felt kinda guilty after seeing her face, but I honestly didn't need any sympathy. I had a big over-dose of it two years ago when my parents and fiancee died.

"What if I don't want to leave?" Her puppy-dog eyes bulging as she pouted desperately.

I couldn't help but giggle at her cute little face and nodded my head for her to stay. After all, now that I realized only I could get hurt in relationships, why don't I have a friend? Cody would want me to be happy. I smiled at that, god I missed him; his smile and kisses and the tingling feeling I had whenever he touched me.

"My name's Sarah." I said taking a hand out gesturing for her to shake it.

"Lisa." She said shaking back, I took in a moment to admire her. She was absolutely perfect; if Josh thought she wasn't good enough for him then his standards must be pretty damn high.

As I released my hand she quickly pulled me into a tight hug stroking my hair, and much to my surprise, I hugged back. We both probably looked like idiots, just sitting on the ground hugging each other while crying.

"What happened with you?" I asked curiously as I let go of the hug.

She was a little taken aback but then cleared her voice to speak, "Me and Josh went out for only a week, until I found him in the janitors closet. And let's just say he wasn't exactly talking to the half-naked girl inside."