Chapter Three

3

I sat in the principals office tapping my fingers in a rhythmical order as I watched Mr Frank, I glanced at the grand-father clock in the corner of the classroom, right next to a dusty bookshelf holding records of children. I glanced back over at Mr Frank and felt the guilty lies eat me up suddenly.

He stared with confused and shocked eyes piercing right into mine with accusation and confusion as to why I suddenly decided to move schools. I had registered out of school, well not until I convince Mr Frank that it's for the best. So far, he seriously doesn't believe me. And although I hated lying to Mr Franks for both the reasons A: If he found out my plan he would expel me and B: I just felt plain guilty.

"Where are you going to go?" He asked eying me suspiciously, it was clear he wasn't letting me off unless I had a good reason, which I did, I rehearsed all night long in my bedroom mirror. "What are you going to do?" He pushed at me, trying to make me say the wrong thing.

I sighed and wandered my eyes around, then I paused for dramatic affect, clearly working as I had seen about a dozen times in pathetic soup-operas, "I-I don't know." I said with a soft sigh, "I need to escape, even for just a month or two. I need to clear my head."

He seemed to be buying it and nodded like he knew what I was talking about while his eyes wandered into space then back into mine, "Running away from your problems, won't solve them." He stated wisely, not daring to break the eye contact we were sharing.

"I know, but getting a holiday from them might be good." Man I was a good lire, so good, that I can't tell when I'm lying or telling the truth any more. Believe me, that's a bad thing.

"OK, you know I care about you. I want you to take a little break, then I want you to come back." He told me like a parent, then cracked a smile, "I'd miss you too much."

I smiled and held back the tears, although I was going to see him every single day; it was going to be hard not to run to him after school, tell him about something that happened to me recently, share the moments of happiness I had and my problems and such. "I'd miss you too."

We stared at each other for a few seconds. I'm sure that I've never told you about Mr Frank, which is funny, because he's the most important thing in my life. Mr Frank is an absolute sweetheart but he's super awkward, he's going out with a girl named Emily who is honestly my best friend out of school but I don't see her as much as I want because she's both an international and national journalist so she gets to travel the world to get stories, another thing about Mr Frank (Mark) is that he is pretty rich; he won a lottery when he was about twenty-one and he's about twenty-eight now (I know, extremely young for a principal) and he is just amazingly funny.

"Why are you staring at me with googly-eyes?" He asked breaking the moment, see, I told you he was awkward.

"No reason." I answered blushing slightly pink, and tried to hide my already blushing face by tilting it down to hide behind my hair.

He chuckled, "Your face is so funny when your embarrassed." He stated quite rudely, and another thing; he has no manners.

"Yeah," I raised an eyebrow, "It's called blushing."

"So on to the important things," He narrowed his eyes at me once again with accusation, "Will you be staying the day? If you want I could make an announcement that it's your last day, give your friends a chance to say a last goodbye?"

"I don't have friends." I muttered ever so quietly under my breath, so he couldn't hear.

"Excuse me?" He asked unsure of what I just said.

"Probably not." I decided that if I saw Josh just one more time, and he knew it was the last time he would see me, he would probably take more notice of my features so he wouldn't forget. Or he would just totally ignore me and hook up with some bimbo, surprisingly, that would make me feel worse about leaving my identity behind; so I can then beat him silly.