intro

INTRIUGE

I watched life and wanted to be a part of it but found it painfully difficult

part of it but found it painfully difficult.
(Anaïs Nin)

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♞๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Benedetta Porcaroli as Claria Floris
The art prodigy & chess enthusiast

Benedetta Porcaroli as Claria FlorisThe art prodigy & chess enthusiast

Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Benny Watts
The chess prodigy

Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Benny WattsThe chess prodigy

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♞๑ஓ ────── ⊰

CLARIA HAD ALWAYS BEEN AN INTRIGUING— and to be honest, peculiar-- character. She was the product of Alexander Floris, and Mia Ricci. Alexander was an extremely wealthy (now retired) grandmaster chess player. He was what the press liked to call eccentric; a code word for crazy used solely to describe the upper-class. Clarias mother, on the other hand, wasn't so much her mother but rather a portrait that hung above the pristine marble mantle. She'd left Claria alone at age seven with her all but absent father and 8 hours of strenuous daily chess practice.

          By no means was Claria a prodigy chess player, although she was brilliant at it; her father groomed her to be. It's hard not to be good at something you've done for your whole life. She was, however, a prodigy in the arts. She loved art, she didn't just love It she needed it. Her exceptional creativity also gave her an edge in chess-- she visualized games and moves before they happened.

          If you opened one of her sketchbooks you'd find extensive notes on chess players and their movements-- their physical ones rather than their chess moves. She found people interesting, but complicated nonetheless. She was quite socially inept, stemming from the fact that she grew up in isolation aside from those whom her father paid to care for her.

          All this to say; Claria was odd. She was odd in silence, her oddities a blanket, one that wrapped around her small frame several times over. She was so deeply enveloped in the blanket she somehow missed the fact that she was so completely alone in that massive house.

          When Claria attends an open chess tournament in search of something other than a reward and returns with something she's yearned for longer than she can even comprehend; her life is changed in the most inexplicable way.

Somebody was finally intrigued by Claria Floris.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♞๑ஓ ────── ⊰

disclaimer;; I do not own The Queen's Gambit; I just enjoy the show. Claria Floris is my OC and any plot lines deviating from the show are mine.