Chapter 16

August

No. no no no no no no no! Logan. I saw Jake the werewolf basically smile and then run. Off, I tugged at my seat belt but it was stuck. I looked back at Logan. No. Then I saw the faint rise and fall of his chest. He was alive! Barley. And If I didn't get out of the car right now he was going to die or become a werewolf. And I don't want either.

I pulled the seatbelt so hard it broke. I ran out of the car and picked him up. Then I bit his neck hoping it would work that he would become a vampire. He looked at me with his beautiful eyes then he said, "August... it's too late for me..."

I grabbed his hand and squeezed hard. I couldn't lose him. "PLEASE!!!!! HOLD ON!!!"

He smiled then barely said, "I will be watching over you..."

I leaned down to his lips then kissed him. This was the last time I would feel his lips on mine. I can't let him die. But when I pulled away, all of the color in his skin faded away. I tried biting him again, but it didn't work... he was gone!

"LOGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed my heart out.

I lost him. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! He never did anything to the werewolves! I should have died, not him! Logan didn't do anything to get this gruesome of a death.... it should have been me.