Chapter 3

August Cullen

I knew for a fact that my brother was going to tell Reagan our secret. I sighed but didn't try to stop him. I already knew what would happen, He would tell her and then she would either break his heart (I hope she does.) Or... well, I'll talk more about what could happen a little later. I smiled at Logan who was dancing with his little sister, she was three and adorable, the song ended and he came over to me.

"Can I have the next dance?" he asked me. I smiled and took his hand as he helped me up, the song turned on it was another slow dance, My brother was sure taking his time. I smiled at Logan as he put his hand on my waist. I giggled as he pulled in and kissed my cheek. I put my head on his shoulder giving me more time to think.

Then suddenly I heard a gasp. A loud one. I looked over to see that Principal Murray had passed out or something I walked over carefully then I smelt it, no. I needed to get Slater and Leave. She was bleeding. Not too much, just a cut on her arm, she was terrified of blood so she probably passed out from seeing that blood. I reached into my pocket and grabbed my good luck charm. I rubbed it 27 times as I walked out to where Slater and Reagan had disappeared. As soon as I was outside I took deep lung fills of breath.

"The thing I was going to tell you-" I could hear Slater from here great timing August.

"Slater!" I yelled.

"Way to go August!"he said, walking to me.

"What is going on!" said Reagan.

"What now? You couldn't live with me telling her!"

"Telling me what!" said Reagan.

"We are vampires okay!" I yelled at her. Then it went silent. I had stopped where I was and Slater was still a good enough distance away from me.

"What?" Reagan said, confused. Then he ran up to me and grabbed me by the neck.

"You litt-" he started then he smelled the blood.

"Principal Tate had a little accident."I said, my voice low.

"You didn't," he said.

"No! I'm not a monster!" I yelled at him.

"He got cut on his arm and it was bleeding a lot, I had to leave." I said. I was the only one in my family who couldn't stand a drop of blood, I was the only one who had even tasted human blood. I was, my whole family were vampires, all bitten ones too. My blood dress blew in the breeze. I looked at Reagan.

"I won't believe you for a second." she said. I looked at Slater.

"Reagan, you believe and trust me right?" he asked, looking at her.

"Yeah." She said.

"We are vampires." he said.

"No you are not." She said.

"Ye-" he began. I put my foot down right there. I ran as fast as I could over to her. (we can run faster than a car can go, we just don't like running that fast it drains our energy, we normally run as fast as the speed limit on the freeway.) She shook her head, not believing. I rolled my eyes and then picked her up showing off my strength.

"You are the strongest and fastest girl, (person second to your brother.) I still won-" she started. Then the clouds moved and uncovered the full moon. Some people think that it's the sun, but the full moon is for werewolves, but the full moon makes it so we have full energy. Sure The sun drains us of some of our energy, and our skin is pale and cold and stuff like that, but the sun doesn't kill us.

"Look Reagan." said Logan walking over to the tree next to us and he pulled it up, pulling it up by the roots. Then he ran over to the back parking lot of the school and picked up the cars and stacked them. Throwing them each higher and higher until they landed with a loudish noise (not louder than the music so the people at homecoming would hear.) then he ran over to the school busses and started lifting them up three four five at a time.

"Okay I get it!" she said quietly.

"He can hear you." I said as he stopped and ran back to us.

"I'm sorry I doubted you." she said. I smiled. Then I heard a scream as someone had come outside and seen the cars.

"We'd better go." I said.

"Meet you in front of the school." I said and I ran off. I hoped she wouldn't do either of the things I dreaded. I hoped she didn't break his heart, well I hoped she did actually because i don't want the other scenario to happen, I hoped she didn't ask to be turned into a vampire. It's painful, only a little though. He would definitely turn her into one of us. There are only three families of Vampires located in Malibu California. And we didn't need more.