“Hello, ladies! Do you mind if ask you something?” He asked, smiling at them. There was something about the way he talked and his expression that was off-putting to Ren but she couldn't exactly figure out why. 

“S-sure Oikawa-senpai!” One of the girls said clearly nervous about being in the presence of him. So they were first-years Ren thought slightly annoyed by this fact. 

Oikawa pulled out Ren's phone and played the voice memo she had recorded earlier. The girls' faces turned pale as the horror of their beloved Senpai hearing what they had said. 

“Can you ladies tell me what happened here? I’m sure you ladies never meant for things to escalate so much but I’d like to know what happened.” He asked angelically smiling at them. That’s it! Ren thought she figured out why the way he acted was off-putting. It all seems so fake like he’s acting she thought. 

“Uh… well we just wanted to confront her because she was around you.” The second girl said. 

“You don’t have to worry about whos around me. Sakura-chan is a friend and I don’t want my friends getting hurt.” Oikawa said still smiling. 

“Were sorry Oikawa-senpai.” The third girl said as they bowed their heads. 

“It’s alright please just don’t let it happen again.” He said. The girls agreed and Oikawa handed Ren back her phone and the two of them left to go back to the gym. They both got scolded by their coaches and captains when they returned to their practices. Ren for being severely late and Oikawa for just leaving. 
“I’m home!” Ren said opening the door to her house. She began taking off her shoes then placed them with the others there. 

“Welcome home.” Ren peered her head around the corner to see her younger brother sitting on the couch still in his uniform playing a game on his phone. 

“Koto? Your home earlier than I thought you’d be. I thought you had soccer practice.” Ren said walking over to him. Koto was Ren’s younger brother a third year in middle school. He was on the soccer team at his middle school and often stayed late to practice. 

Without even looking up the light brown-haired boy answered, “We have a game tomorrow so practice got cut shorter.” He put his phone down to look up at Ren then said, “ You know you’ve been coming home later than usual what’s with that? And whos that guy that keeps walking you home?” 

“Oikawa-san? Oh well, I’ve been learning how to jump serve from someone on the boy’s team after practice. And he insists that I can’t walk back on my own.” She said shrugging then falling onto the couch beside her brother.  

“The boy’s team huh? This player, is he any good? What’s his position?” He asked for some reason he had taken interest in his sister’s volleyball senpai. 

“Is he any good? He’s the most amazing player I’ve ever seen! He’s a setter like me too.” Ren said. “Oikawa-san is so cool…” She said her voice trailing off. 

“Huh, guess I’ll have to see him play.” He said then started playing his game again. Ren hummed in agreement then stood up to go upstairs to her room. 

What a day, she thought. May 10th is a day to remember, she thought falling on her bed. Oh yeah, my birthday is in a few days Ren thought. She lay face first on her bed for a few minutes. She sat up to her phone running. Huh? Who could be calling me at this hour? She thought then picked up her phone to look at the caller. She recognized all the hearts around the name then answered. 

“Oikawa-san? Why are you calling me?” Ren asked falling on her back on her bed. 

“How mean! No hello or anything to great me!” Oikawa said over the phone. 

“Fine. Hi Oikawa-san what do you need?” Ren said her voice colder than ice. 

“I dunno I was bored and Iwa-chan won’t answer me,” Oikawa said. 

“Your kidding. Oikawa-san I have things to do you know!” Ren said shocked at why the setter had called her. She got up grabbed her school bag and got out her notes from math class from today. She could at least pretend to be busy. 

She put Oikawa on speaker so she wouldn’t have to hold her phone. She began to study her notes but was struggling on figuring out the answers to anything. 

“Sakura-channnn please don’t hang up on me! I want to talk to you.” He whined. 

“I won’t.” She said then sighed placing her hands on her face staring at her work. 

“Something wrong?” Oikawa asked hearing her sigh. 

“Hm? Oh no im fine, don’t worry.” Ren said finally figuring out the answer to the question she had been staring at. 

There was a silence between the two but it wasn’t awkward. Neither just had anything they needed to say. 

“Your oftly quiet what are you doing?” Oikawa asked. 

“Studying. I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing.” Ren said laughing a bit. Her voice sounded stressed and tired; Oikawa could tell she was having a hard time. 

“Need help?” Oikawa asked. 

“From you? Your good at math?” Ren said her voice confused at what he had just said. 

“Yes actually,” Oikawa said a bit annoyed at the comment. “I’ll help you at lunch tomorrow okay?” He said. 

“Wow thank you Oikawa-san. I feel like your good at everything im not.” She said laughing a bit. 

“I’m really not,” He said. His voice was different than anything she had heard from him. It sounded doubtful…