flushed Cheeks

Ugh! What an idiot! Ren thought Mad at what Oikawa had said. Just cause he’s kind of tall doesn’t mean he can look down on me! 

People had always looked down on her because of her height. They would tell her she was too short to play certain positions and that she should just be a libero. People always said this in middle school. They thought a girl so short could never be an Ace. But she did become the ace in her third year of middle school. People were still growing back then though. Ever since she got into high school it only got worse. She became the setter for Seijoh because the team needed one and saw how good her overhand receives were. Last year everyone was shocked when they found out how short she was. She wasn’t that great of a setter either. 

This year would be different though she thought about the beginning of the year. It was no different though. People still looked down on her. She had gotten better as a setter though, but she was nothing special. That’s why she looked up to him so much. The tall boy with brown hair and eyes. But he just looked down on her too. To make matters worse she tried to play like him and made a complete fool of herself. 

She just wanted to quit at this point. Leave this all behind. But part of her longed to hit the ball down on the court dodging the blockers as they tried to cover her. But she can’t do that. She’s a setter now. 

She brushed the thought aside, getting on the bus to head home. It had been a long day.

The bell rang and Ren picked up her books putting them in her bag. She slid the door open walking out into the hall. Who could I eat lunch with? Chiharu? No, I think she’s eating with the third and first years. 

She wasn’t paying attention to where she was walking and bumped into someone. “Ah! Im sorry!” She said looking up to see who she had bumped into. 

“Oh, you’re the short girl from yesterday!” It was him. The tall boy with brown hair and eyes. Oikawa.

“Ah! Oh...uh sorry for bumping into you Oikawa-san.” She said bowing her head, then tried to walk away but he grabbed her arm pulling her back. 

“I never got your name, what is it?” He said smiling at her holding her arm. 

“...Ren Sakura. Class 2-5” She said trying to pull his arm of hers. She couldn’t get it off though. “Jeez, why's your grip so strong?!” She yelled frustrated that she couldn’t pry his arm off.  

“Sakura-chan huh. You’re the same age as me then?” He said finally letting go of her arm. 
“That’s right. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go.”  She bowed her head again then walked off her long blond hair flowing behind her.

“See ya Sakura-Chan,” Oikawa said watching the girl walk away. Sakura? He thought it must be her. Yea it couldn’t have been anyone else. 

Oikawa slid open the door to the classroom to see Iwa sitting alone eating by himself. 

“Your late shittykawa!” said Iwa glaring at him. 

“Sorry sorry. I ran into Sakura-Chan.” He said sitting down at the desk Iwa was sitting at.

“Who? Is that another one of your fangirls?” Iwa asked continuing to eat his lunch.

“Yes, well no. That’s the short girl from yesterday.” Oikawa said his face serious. 

“Oh, that's her name? Sakura? Isn't that a first name? Your already that close to her huh?” Iwa said. 

“It's her last name. That's beside the point though.” Oikawa said. Iwa looked up at him confused as to why he was being so serious. “She's the one. It can't be anyone else. We should ask her about it after school.” Oikawa said. 

“Yea. It’s her. Be gentle with her though. She's probably embarrassed about you figuring out she copied you and failed.” Iwa said. 

“Mhm,” Oikawa said, then continued to eat his lunch. 

Ren Sakura just wanted to go home, she had a feeling that it would not happen though. She wanted to find her playing style but she had no idea where to start. She disliked being a setter, she wanted to be a wing spiker again. She was confused and tired and just wanted to go home. She was skipping practice too. She just couldn't face her team after making a fool of herself. Her thoughts were interrupted though by someone calling her name. 

“Sakura-chan! Sakura-chan!” Called Oikawa waving at her motioning for her to come over. She didn’t want to though. She didn’t hate or Oikawa or anything like that. She probably liked him. She just couldn't face him, she knew why he was calling her. He knew she copied him and the thought of that was just too embarrassing. Maybe if I walk away fast enough he won't see me... She thought trying to get away. It didn’t work though. He came running after her and even though Ren was athletic she stood no chance against him. He grabbed her by the arm and started pulling her along with him.

“Hey! Let go of me! I said let go!” She said flailing her arms. He didn’t listen, he didn’t even say anything he just kept walking. He led her to where Iwa was under a tree. 

“I told you to be gentle with her! Sorry about him, are you alright Sakura-san?” Iwaizumi asked looking at the poor girl who had been dragged there against her own will.

“Ah… yea im fine,” Ren said fixing her messed up hair. She looked down at the ground, her face red. She couldn’t face him. Not yet. Oikawa could tell she knew why he had dragged her here and was uncomfortable about it. He knelt in front of her, his face serious. 

“Sakura-chan…” He started, he looked down for a second then looked back up at her. “You know why I called you here don't you?” He said. 

Even though she knew he was going to say that it was still shocking to her. She nodded still looking down at her feet.

“I’m not mad you know. I just want you to figure out your own style of playing.” He said smiling a little. 

“I...failed,” she said “… I couldn't even do it right. I just want to quit,” she said tears flowing down her red face. 

“There's no reason you should quit. That would be pointless.” Oikawa said his voice colder and more serious than before. 

“Just figure out how you want to play.” Iwazumi chimed in. 

“How I want to play? Uh...well I used to be a wing spiker and I’ve missed doing spikes ever since I became a setter.” She said. 

“Well, you can still attack as a setter. Train one of your wing spikers how to set and have her set to you. You could do what shittykawa does and do dumps too.” Iwazumi said to her trying to help. 

“Hey! Why are you calling me Shittykawa?!” Oikawa asked standing up abruptly. 

“Yea! That's it! I know what I want!” She said finally looking up at them. They both looked at her interested as to what she was going to say next. She wiped her tears with her hand then bowed her head and said “ Oikawa-san please teach me how to do a jump serve!” 

Hello everyone! Thank you for reading my Fanfic! I'm going to try and update this as much as a can but I don't know how often that will be. Thank you again for reading-  Ren
(Also yes my name is also Ren XD)