Two - A little bit of bad luck won't hurt

The music pierced into my ears as I dance. I can feel the beat running up my spine and the rhythm controlling my body. I'm practically unstoppable, until.

"Stop,stop! Y/n, you're meant to fill the dance with grief and despair." I nodded sadly as Madam Reed corrected me. "Not with love and compassion." She added whilst turning around and throwing her hands up. But I've never feeled pain and sadness before.

I returned back to my first position and tilt my head towards the glass door, ready to dance but there was something stopping me, someone stopping me. He stared at me with his hands in his pocket and leaning on one side towards the wall. I tried to make out his face but it doesn't even ring a bell. He stood there smiling at me when he saw me examining him. 

The contemporary class finish as I grabbed my bag and head out through the glass door. Questioning myself. Who is that guy? I searched around trying to find that particular face.

"Looking for me?" He said with a thick british accent, sneaking behind me with his hands still in his pocket. I turned towards him and nodded slowly. "I'm Thomas, Thomas Brodie-Sangster. Pianist." He said finally taking one of his hands out to shake mine. 

"Y/n, contemporary dancer." I replied with smile on my face.  

Thomas and I started hanging out together as soon as we became good friends. He watches my dance routine and I watch him play the piano. The sound that he makes whilst pressing on the keys was tremendously beautiful.

Eventually, it came upon a day when he flooded the room with music. I can feel the melody seeping into my body slowly and spreading throughout my veins as I started to run through my dance routine.  I glanced at Thomas's fingers, dancing on the keys of ivory white and smaller keys of charcoal black. I took another glance at his face and I can see Thomas smiling at me, enjoying himself. I think I'm falling for him.

Unfortunately the session of complete beautiful, madness had to end and we both walked down the hall to check the date of our last assessment. "So, Thomas." He looked at me while scratching the back of his head. "What was the piece you were playing called?" I asked curiously, he then looked at me and shrugged while biting his bottom lip following with raising both of his eyebrows and walked away slowly.

"What is it called?" I asked desperately, chasing him. 

"It's called 'expression'." He whispered, putting his arm across my neck and the other in his pocket. 

"By?" I asked, strictly.

He scoffs and answered in reply. "By me." Thomas then walked to the notice board, searching for the date of his last assessment while I searched for mine.

I then walked away making myself very vulnerable to Thomas as he jumps on my back. I was so appalled by his actions, causing me to lose balance and tumble down the stairs, dragging Thomas with me. 

I was paralyzed in shock and that sudden rush of adrenaline as I let myself fall untilI I hit the ground just as I heard something snapped in my body. I turned my head towards Thomas and stare at him as I slowly pass out. 

I woke up, feeling a bit nauseous. Just as I was about to stand up, I realised a cast upon my leg. I examined it before my visions became blurry as water filled up my eyes. My eyes were red and puffy now as I burst into tears. What if I can't dance anymore? Then my dreams will never come true.  I asked myself, panicking and then I it hit me. Thomas. What happen to him? Where is he?

I looked around, worried. Worried that he has more injuries than me. Then a sudden relief came upon me as I saw him wrapped around a blanket, sleeping on an awfully uncomfortable chair. I stared at him for what feels like forever, him peacefully sleeping. 

 He woke up quite slowly after realising that I was staring at him. I smiled as he kissed me on the forehead for no good reason. But I liked it. he looked at my leg regretting what he did. "Y/n, I'm so sorry, I really am but the doctor said that you'll be dancing again in a couple of months." He said, hoping that it'll bring back a smile on my face. The blanket fell on the floor and thats when I saw his arm.

"What the hell happened to your arm!" I asked, anxiously while looking at the sling around his arm. I can see his face changing from smiling into frowning, his face filled with dissapointment.  he looked at me while one strand of tear escaped from his eyes. 

"They say its unfixable, my carpal bones shattered and my other bones can't support my wrist. He said feeling like a failure after all those years in Juiliard, training for his final exam. "They say that I could never play the piano with my left hand ever again." He then hopped on the bed next to me and I fell asleep in his arms. 

Couple of months later

I was back at Juiliard. Dancing my way to the top. As I walked into the piano room, I can hear the sound of imperfection and defeat. I saw Thomas banging his hands on the keys of the piano. I came behind him and squeezed him tightly from the back. Hoping he would feel comfort and warmth. Then I sat next to him, we both stared into each others' eyes. 

"I can help you, Thomas." I said while wiping his tears away. I then positioned my left hand towards the piano while reading the notes in front of me as I play. Thomas looked at me, stunned then started playing with his right hand. We sounded marvelous together. As we stopped, he looked into my eyes and I looked into his. By that time, were inches apart from each other. He then leans forward and kisses me. 

His hands stroking my face as I looped my hands across his neck. He backs away and smirked. "When did you learn how to play the piano?" He ask, surprised.

"I've had training." I replied following with a kiss. From that day on, I became his left hand. See, a little bad luck won't hurt. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n

 Hey guys, thanks for reading. There's still more coming so be sure to read the others. So vote and comment on it. I would be really grateful if you do that. Follow me on @ctrl_alt_delicious. Thank you for reading.