Five - May The Best Man Win

I was always the rough one in my group of friends. The one that tends to have boys as friends . "Wait I know who you should go out with y/n." Kaya the only girl I can stand as a friend, suggested as we sat on the metal bench with sandwiches in our hands. 

"Who?" I replied before swallowing a piece of my sandwich. She pointed at a group of boys that are three years older than us. I shook my head frantically as Kaya sighs with disappointment. The bell rang for my engineering class. 

"Why am I the only girl in engineering?" I whined to Kaya as we walked to our different class. She then raised one of her eyebrows and giggled. 

"Because, you're not like the other girls. You like engineering and the other girls like to back stab other girls. Kaya nodded, accepting the truth about women. We both giggled as we separate to different classes. 

 "Hey, y/n!" A group of voice yelled across the room. I waved as I walked towards them, I can hear the boys giggling as if they're girls.

"What's so funny?" I asked curiously, turning my head towards Dylan and Will. They then burst into laughter, I watched Will fell on the ground still laughing like a retarded seal that has a serious mental issue. Thomas literally cackled the whole way. "What's so funny!" I asked again, demanding for an answer from the boys as I death stare every single one of them. 

Their amusement faded as my face started to get serious. I can see Dylan trying to choke on his cackle. I raised both of my eyebrow gesturing for an instant answer. "Alright, we made a deal on whoever gets your attention first wins." Will replied as the other boys stared at my confusion. 

"Do you think I'm an animal?" I questioned trying to sound as calm as possible, I can see each of their faces, regretting on what they did. "Alright, I'm in, whoever gets my attention first wins." Their face instantaneously turned into joy. "May the best man wins!" I smiled.

That deal spreads across the school like a contagious disease. For all I might know now, is that most of the boys are now trying to get my attention. The rest of the week was filled with the word 'no'. 

"I think I rejected about ten boys this week." I stated as me and Kaya laughed. I seriously need a break from them Kaya." I whined, Kaya then grabbed my wrist and lead me to the most quiet spot in school. 

"Yeah, this is alright? I mean no one comes here." She shrugged as we sit against the brick wall. "Look the only one who is worth the attention is." Kaya paused as my face filled with interest. "Thomas-Brodie Sangster." She said, exaggerating on every single words. My face lit up as I hear those words. 

"But it's like a dare." I sighed. We both nod in despair. "Plus, he won't take part in this nonsense." I added as we both sat there in silence.

"I wish Dylan asked me out." She added breaking the silence between us. "Please say no if he ask you." She pleaded, as we both know that Kaya has a huge crush on him.

Then out of nowhere, I hear footsteps getting closer and closer. I had the urge to run away, as fast as I can but Kaya stopped me. 

A head peeked around the corner. I saw the charming blonde hair and the most enchanting eyes coming closer. "Oh my god, Thomas's walking over here." I whispered to Kaya that is now shocked. "Be cool." I implied. I may be friends with boys but Thomas is an extra-unique and fragile boy to me.

"Bro, you've been friends with him since high school." Kaya stated as if I sound nervous. Thomas sat in front of us like everything's normal. We both stared at him awkwardly as he took a bite from his apple.

"What?" He asked, confused. We both shook our head frantically, gesturing that everything was normal. "Oh and everyone's searching for you." He implied, taking another bite of his apple. "Why is that?" He questioned.

"Y/n made a stupid deal with the boys."  Kaya answered, turning her head towards me as if  the deal was a bad idea. 

"What kind of deal?" Thomas blurted as I sat there in silence while Kaya answer all Thomas's questions.

"Deal that whoever gets her attention first wins." She asserted. I can see Thomas befuddled face. 

"What do you mean attention." Thomas demanded. Kaya sighed, gave me him 'do you even keep up with the news' face.

"Who ever asked her out and she says yes, wins." Kaya replied after face-palming herself. Thomas looked at me with surprise. Am I that desperate? Do I really need this attention? Those phrases repeated in my head while Thomas stared at me.  I'm disgusted by my actions. 

"Don't worry about Dylan asking you out." He added while he rummaged through his beautiful hair. "Oh, Kaya, Dylan wants to meet you at the group bench." He smiled at her, Kaya's face lit up like a tomato. She literally ran there. We both giggled, Thomas changed his sitting position, leaning against the wall beside me.

"Y/n. Did you say yes to anyone yet? His eyes lit up like a puppy wanting food. I shook my head following with a small smile. "Good." I hear a slight relief from Thomas. What does that mean? 

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked, infuriating with rage. 

"Y/n, Kaya told me everything." He confessed. That manipulative little bastard! My conscience screamed as my face filled with anger. "But don't be mad at her, I was curious." His voice getting softer and softer. 

"Curious about what Thom-" My words were interrupted by Thomas's actions. He planted his lips on mine, his hand caressing my cheeks. I want to back away but that's impossible. I mean I like him since the start of high school. There is no way I'm backing away now! 

Thomas then slowly separated our lips. "May the best man wins eh?" He grins, raising one of his eyebrow and gave me the 'I totally won this shit' face. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys thanks for reading. It's a short story for valentines but there's more coming so keep reading, okay and please vote or comment. I appreciate it guys.