Thingy

Kira tries to sleep, but can't. She kept getting distracted by the large sphere that sat perfectly still besides her bed. She sits up out of her bed and scoots over to it. She begins to examine it, touching the smooth surface. It felt vaguely familiar to her, but she couldn't quite get a grip of what it reminded her of.

Still, she gets out of bed to examine further. She puts her ear to the strange object and listens. She could hear something, not sure what it could be considering what on earth this bloody thing was. Just a slight, "thump-thumping" from the inside. With her ear still to the thingy, she lifts her hand and knocks on it a few times. 

It knocks back.

Kira jumps, scrambling away from the object. Catching her breath, she reaches for her phone. She calls Tammy almost instantly.

"What?"Tammy asks.

"Um. I think i know what this thing is."Kira says quietly.

"What is it?"Tammy responds.

"I think it's an egg."Kira says, making Tammy laugh.

"What kind of animal could lay an egg that big?"Tammy asks.

"I don't know! But-but i was touching it, and I knocked on it, and it like, knocked back."Kira says, standing up from the floor.

"Maybe you just heard the echo of your own knock?Tammy suggests.

"I wish that were the case, but it's not"Kira states.

Tammy huffs over the phone.

"I'll be there in 5"she says. 

... ... .. 

Kira stays a safe distance away from her egg, until Tammy finally arrives.

"Thank goodness"Kira chuckles.

"I think Jord breaking up with you made you a little loopy"Tammy says.

"This has nothing to do with Jord, okay, just look, go over and knock on it."Kira says crossing her arms.

Tammy huffs as she walks over to the egg. She looks at Kira as she knocks on the shell. A knock from inside rings out, louder than hers and she jumps.

"See! I told you!"Kira says.

"Oh my god"Tammy says. 

She then reaches into her purse.

"What are you doing?"Kira asks.

"I'm gonna break it open."Tammy says.

"What? No! What if some crazy monster comes out?!"Kira says, backing away.

"But it's just a baby right? It can't hurt us if it's just a baby."Tammy says.

"Have you SEEN the movie Alien?!"

Tammy pulls a small mallet out of her purse, and without warning, she hits down on the top of the eggshell, and it breaks open. Kira watches in awe as Tammy turns towards her.

"See? No aliens."Tammy smiles.

"H-hands."Kira says.

"What?"Tammy asks, confused.

"Hands. H-hands."Kira says, pointing to the egg.

Tammy turns around and shrieks, seeing that there were now fingers protruding from the crack of the egg. Tammy backs away towards Kira as the hand begins to break more out of the egg.

"Aliens, It's aliens, Tammy it's aliens."Kira panics.

"Shh!"Tammy says. 

Now, a full, tattooed arm had broken through the egg, and made both of the girls jump. Eventually both arms had broken free, and ripped the top of the eggshell away. Then, a slime covered head rises up from inside of the egg.