Chapter 3.1

ALAN'S POINT OF VIEW
"Alan" Monique calls as she joins me outside of the interrogation room "I told you to leave last night, why you stood behind?" I ask Monique "Because I trusted you had everything under control, Alan" Monique answers "I told you that I was going to do my best to keep Robin from pressing charges, it was so simple, Monique, all you had to do was take a plane and leave to prevent this" I say "Well, is there a way for you to convince her to drop the charges?" Monique asks "No, Robin found out last night that I was using her to lure Vanessa out of hiding" I say, Monique sighs "She is doing out of revenge, this great, just great, if we do not get her to drop the charges, I do not think we can save Vanessa from jail" Monique says "Already tried, she is not backing down, and to prove she is serious, she hired Aurora Geller as her lawyer" I say, she sighs "I think my sister has ran out of luck" Monique says, I nod in agreement.

Robin is hurt, she is in all her right to be, and I am a hundred time percent sure this time I have ruined everything between us, she will never forgive me for this, she will never give us another chance, I lost Robin, because I got sucked into this huge mess.

"Jason" Monique calls as the lawyer exits the interrogation room "Things do not look good for Vanessa" he says, we sighs "How bad?" Monique asks "Well, Vanessa claims she doesn't remember attacking Miss Walters, but they have a video, a clear shot of Vanessa looking at Miss Walters, as soon as Miss Walters is alone, it can be seen how Vanessa pulls a tube out of her robe, and hits Miss Walters in the head with the object, not once, but twice, this is bad, I do not think an insanity plea will help this time" Jason says, we sigh "Isn't this civil case? All we have to do is ask that woman to name her price" Monique says "It is a criminal case, she attacked someone" Jason says "Vanessa cannot go to jail" Monique says "She is not above the law, I warned you, that there wasn't going to be more chances, she will not go to jail, but I assure she is not going to a mental facility of her choosing" Jason says "What if we get Robin to drop the charges?" I ask "She is off the hook" Jason answers "Consider it done" I say "Stop" Jason says, I look at him.

"I almost forgot, as for today forward, the members of the Wise family and you, Alan Hamilton are not allowed to get close to Robin Walters" Jason says as he hands us a document "Aurora is fast and good, as Vanessa was being arrested, she got a judge to approve this, so neither of you are not talking Miss Walters" Jason says "Jason, Vanessa's only hope, our only hope is to convince that woman to drop the charges, we need to talk to her, get her to drop the charges" Monique says "Aurora proved to a judge that this happened because of a negligent act from behalf of both, you and the Wise family, you both knew Vanessa was harm herself and a bigger harm to Robin, so to get Vanessa out of hiding you purposely placed Robin in danger, that makes you an accomplice to anything that Vanessa does, including this, so you guys better steer clear of Miss Walters or be ready to be cell partners with Vanessa" Jason says, we sigh.

"The bail? How much is it?" Monique asks "Bail? Aurora made sure Vanessa was not considered for bail, and I wish had something to fight with, but Vanessa has a record, not to mention she has escaped police custody in the past several times, so the judge denied bail, she has to remain in police custody until the trial date" Jason answers "No, Jason, Vanessa cannot..." "Do not come with that now, do not tell me what Vanessa can and cannot stand, Monique, because I warned you, I told you the last time we were in a mess like this, you had to get her under control, you had to do everything in your power to prove there has been some improvement in Vanessa, otherwise, she was going to be sent to jail, and here we are, I did everything to help Vanessa, but if you do not put some effort from your side, there is nothing else I or the firm can do for you" Jason says "How is this going to be approached?" I ask "Guilty plea, we will cooperate in all the ways we can, most importantly, all of you will stay away from Robin Walters, and pray the judge sends her into a institution, from which she will not escape, so please, make it easier, do not get in the way, allow me to do my job" Jason says, Monique and I nod, Jason nods as he fetches his phone from his pocket.

"There must be something to be done" Monique says "There isn't much we can do, Monique, Robin has restriction order against us, I know her, we go near her, we send anyone to talk to her in our name, she will not think it twice, she will call the police" I say "And we all will go to jail" Monique says "Together with Vanessa" I say.

"Vanessa is definitely going to jail, there is no way she will be to shake this off, not after what just happened" Jason says as he places his phone back on his pocket, we look at him "That was Aurora, Robyn is on her way to the hospital, Robin was in her restaurant when out of nowhere, she fainted, and started to convulse, and she has not regained consciousness, 911 was contacted" Jason says "Why that's bad for Vanessa?" Monique asks "If by any chance the doctor determines that whatever happened to Robin is at consequence of the attack she suffered on Vanessa's hands, the charges will escalate" Jason says, we sigh.

Vanessa is going to jail. This cannot be happening.

***

**RING**

**RING**

I sigh as I read the caller ID "Mom, now it is not a good time, can I call you back?" I answer "The Walters, your father and I just found out Robin requested and got a restraining order against you under the claim that you have endangered her life" Mom says "It is complicated, Mom..." "The way I see it, you either did endangered her life or you didn't, it is not rocket science, so it is not complicate at all, now, what did you do?" Mom says, I sigh "So you did do something" Mom says "I might have used Robyn to get Vanessa out of hiding, which means I might be more responsible for the attack Robin suffered than anyone thinks" I say, silence reigns.

"Are you telling me you got into a relationship with Robin to get to Vanessa and you covered her when she attacked Robyn?" Mom asks after a long and uncomfortable silence "Yes" I answer "I cannot believe you, Alan, what were you thinking?" Mom snaps at me "Vanessa was..." "I could careless about Vanessa, Alan, but I do care a lot about you and about what you do, your father and I did not raise you to be like this, to be take decisions like this" Mom says "I know, I am sorry, I panicked, Vanessa could..." "Again with that woman, Alan, we can agree, that woman is not okay, she needs help, and you do your best, her family does their best to get her help, to help her get better, but guess what? In the end is her decision, if she doesn't want to accept the help, there isn't much the rest of the world can do, you can not save everybody, you cannot help everybody, specially when it is clear that person doesn't want your help, nor wants to be saved" Mom says "She..." "Stop placing her over you, stop thinking about her, Alan, you did everything you could" Mom says "I can't" I simply say.

"You can't? Alan, I want you to analyze everything you have done to help that woman, and as you do I want you to think how much of the things you did are legal, how many lives have you and her family placed in danger to protect her, and even if by thinking of what I just asked you to think about, you are still able to say that you did it, because she needs help, because you feared for her safety, Vanessa is not the only one who needs help" Mom says "I just want..." "I know, Alan, but you cannot lose yourself, you cannot stop living just to help someone, it is not fair" Mom says, I sigh "For once, even if it is this once, I want you to think of Robin" Mom says "I know, what if Vanessa had killer her" I say "No, I want you to think how she is always there for you and you are never there for her" Mom says "I am always there for Robin" I say "Are you? When Denizen died, who was there by your side? Who pushed you to get help?" Mom asks "Robin" I answer "And who was there for her? Who helped her deal with his death?" Mom asks, I sigh "No one" I answer "Exactly, I think it is time you have her back, Alan, do the right thing" Mom says "If I do, Vanessa..." "Then you deserve whatever is coming towards you" Mom says as she hangs up.

Nobody understands, Vanessa is sick she needs help, I know what she did was wrong, I know what I did was wrong, and things could end bad for everyone if Robyn gets worst, but we have Vanessa, now we can ensure she gets the help she needs, we can make everything better and if Robyn gave me 1 minute, I could convince her too, she would drop the charges.

I need to talk to Robyn.