Chapter 4: Things are about to get worst

"Why something like this happened?" a very familiar voice asks, Mom?

"You sent her home, you said she would be okay" a second familiar voice says, Dad, maybe, it is really hard to make out the voices with this stinging pain in my head.

"Mr. and Mrs. Walters, I understand your worry, yes, we did sent your daughter home, but I did with a warning, there was  significant brain swelling that was preventing us from seeing the real extend of damage done, in the release papers I medically advice for Miss Walters to see her primary doctor for follow up as soon as possible, and we always ask a family member to keep close monitoring on the patient for at least 48 hours, because things like this can happen, specially in cases like your daughter's, we will conduct more deep tests and keep close monitoring on her" a unfamiliar voice says and by the way he is talking like, I am going to assume he is the doctor, and if I am hearing the doctors, I am in the hospital, again, now what happened?

Aurora said Vanessa was under police custody, Alan's anger towards me this morning through the text messages he sent me and insisting calls. I was okay, I was feeling okay, I was in the restaurant, I was cooking an order and bam, everything went black, now I am here, why am I here?

"Miss Walters" the strange voice calls as he points at light towards my eyes "That makes the pain worst" I say "Just routine, I will be over in a minute, do you remember what happened?" he asks "I was preparing an order for Oscar, the usual, scramble eggs, toasts, bacon, when suddenly everything turned black, and here were are" I answer "Did you get dizzy or felt any sort of pain before the blackout?" he asks "No, everything was okay" I answer "Any strong emotions?" he asks "I have been dealing with situation of my attacker" I answer "Alright, the stress of the whole situation must have overwhelm your brain and it shut down, we will conduct some tests to confirm, our neurologist just came back from her trip, so I am running the tests by her and have you see you, okay, and we will keep close monitoring for the next 24 hours" the doctor says as he signs the record, I nod.

"Dealing with the situation of the incident? Are we missing something?" Dad asks "For a minute I forgot I pay a very expensive security system with cameras, so I checked the security footage, I have a clear shot of who attacked me, and I took the footage to the police department, I have been dealing with that all morning" I answer, my parents sigh "Robin, you were supposed to be resting"  Mom says "Why didn't you allowed Alan deal with this?" Dad asks, I sigh, better now than ever.

"I requested a restraining order against Alan" I say "What?" they ask "Vanessa Wise was the person who attacked me, Alan knew this, and he covered for her, so I asked Aurora to get me a restraining order against him, Vanessa, and her family" I answer "Robin..." "I know, I place you in a complicated situation with the Hamilton's, but he knew what she did, he knew she had hurt me, and had the nerve to be with us, to tell us he would..." I start to cry, my parents hurry to get closer to the bed "We do not want you to think about this, you called Aurora, she will take care of everything, all you have to do is rest, and trust her" Mom says as she rubs my hair "But..." "I am sure Aaron and Emily will understand why we have to keep our distance, do not think about it, just get better, sweetie" Dad says as he gently places a kiss on my head.

***

"Knock, knock" Aurora says as she stands in the entrance of the room "Hey" I greet "Hey" Aurora greets back as she enters the room "How are you?" Aurora asks "Well, apparently, I have brain swelling and the whole bunch of emotions I experienced this morning lead to my brain shutting down, they ran some tests, and I am waiting for the doctor to come back and discuss the results with me, in conclusion, I have been better, what brings you here?" I answer "Oh, Robin" Aurora says, I sigh "As your lawyer, but more importantly, as your friend, I am going to advice you to not worry or focus on anything else that isn't getting better" Aurora says "I have a business, I..." I say "You need to stop, Rob, you need to delegate, because you are not alone, allow us to help you, focus on your health, because it is of no good to no one if you die" Aurora says, I sigh.

"Robyn, we need to talk, good, Aurora is here" Willow says as she enters the room, Aurora and I frown "What's wrong, Willow?" Aurora asks "The situation is more complicated than any of us were expecting it to be" Willow answers as she places the results on a light board "I'm getting worried, Willow" I say  "After you were submitted to the tests, you were not supposed to be sent home on the night you were brought into the hospital, based on the results of that night, you were supposed to be kept here and I was supposed to be called in a matter of emergency, because you have cerebral hemorrhage" Willow says, I open my eyes like plates.

"I what?" I ask "The object used to hit you in the head was a heavy object, add the level strength  used in every single blow to the head, it caused a fracture in the skull, leading to the swelling of the brain and the rupture of one of the cerebral arteries, more specific, the fracture of the skull is located in the right side of your head, between the parietal and temporal bone, the swelling is located in the right hemisphere in the parietal lobe, we identified that the artery that is causing the hemorrhage is the central artery" Willow explains, pointing to each part of the brain in the studies.

"Am I dying?" I ask "The hemorrhage is mild, but it is a matter of time before the situation changes, as for the moment you are in safe space, and we need to keep you there until I am able to operate" Willow answers "What do you mean with until you are able to operate? You are doing the surgery as in right now, send the nurse in, get her ready, save my daughter" Mom says as she enters the room, Willow sighs.

I sigh, those are never good news "Go ahead, Willow, things really cannot be worst" I say "The swelling in your brain prevents me from doing the surgery, as for with brain swelling I cannot access the location of the artery with precision and if there is any damage to the brain, I will not be able to see it" Willow says "So?" Mom asks "Until the swelling doesn't reduce, I cannot operate, and the swelling can take days to go down, with a mild hemorrhage, Robin only has hours, before it turns into a massive bleeding, and she dies" Willow answers "No" Mom cries.

"You need to save her, Willow, save my baby girl" Mom begs to Willow "I am going to do my best, Mrs. Walters" Willow says as Mom cries "Mrs. Walters, let's take a seat" Aurora says as she walks Mom to the sofa in the room "What are my options?" I ask "We have already started to treat you with corticosteroids to reduce the swelling as much as we can and I am exploring all the ways I can conduct the surgery, as soon as I secure a path that will not cause permanent damage, we are going into surgery" Willow answers "So my only option is to wait?" I ask "For the moment, yes, I need you to be calm, Rob, I know I just gave you bad news, but anything, the slightest thing can and will complicate everything, more than it already is, stay calm, and trust me" Willow says, I nod as I lay back down.

"I will have you monitored, so every 2 hours, I am going to repeat the tests, if anything, even the smallest thing changes, call me" Willow says to Mom and Aurora "You go it, Willow" Aurora says, Willow nods as she exits the room.

"Get her to jail" Mom says, Aurora and I look at her "I do not care what you do, Aurora, make that woman pay for what she did to my baby girl" Mom says as she cries "I have already contacted the police station and her lawyer, as soon as Willow signs a document certifying that this complication is a result of the attack, she is not going to have any escape, she is going to jail" Aurora says "Alan, he is..." "Mom, let Aurora take care of everything, we do not need this to get worst than it already is" I say, Mom looks at me "I cannot lose you, Rob" Mom says as she walks to bed "You are not going to, Mom, trust God, he sent Aurora and Willow, they have everything under control" I say, Mom sighs as she gently taps on my hand.

A days ago, I was a healthy woman, minding my own business, and now my life could end at any moment, I cannot believe my life.

"Mom" I call, she looks at me "Can you find me a piece of paper?" I ask, Mom frowns "Please" I say, she sighs as she nods and walks towards the exit of the room.

Do I want to die? No.

Am I scared? Yes.

"Here you go, Sweetie" Mom says, I smile at her as I grab the pen and the paper.

If this my final day, I do not want to leave any troubles behind.