Eleven

It was the morning of the Quidditch match, Gryffindor against Slytherin, and I was expected to be there. Not only to support my possibly ex-friends, but now to also support my boyfriends team. Rumors spread quickly, and almost the whole school knew about the relationship. Luna has treated me normally, almost as though she isn't aware, and she's the only person I feel comfortable around. I have yet to see Harry and Ron, and I was avoiding the situation completely. I was by myself in the dorm room, Luna had left to get to the Great Hall early, and I was waiting to ensure myself that the halls would be empty when I made my way over there. Cho Chang knocked on the door and entered the room. We hadn't really spoken since the whole Umbridge situation, but Hermione and I were sure to let her know there was no hate between us for what happened. We weren't friends, but we'd have small conversations once in a while. She walked to me, flashing a half smile, holding a paper in her hands.

"Hermione was asking for you," She started. "I told her I wasn't sure if you wanted to talk to anyone so she asked me to give you this." She lifted her hand with the paper in it and I grabbed it gently.

"Thank you," I whispered.

She bowed her head slightly and walked to the door, turning around just as she opened it. "I know I'm not the best person.. but I don't hate you. You deserve to be with whoever you want, even if it's someone as hard-headed as Malfoy. You must see something in him that nobody else does."

I looked at her, "Yeah.."

"Cedric told me once.. in the short time we had together. I made a remark about Malfoy and he told me something that'll stick with me forever."

"What did he say?"

"You never know what someone is dealing with behind closed doors. You only know what you see or what you think you see," She smiled as she recited his words. "He said even the toughest souls can be broken, and rather than be quick to judge, you should show them kindness. Everyone is the way they are because of something or someone, or even multiple things. Be kind, cause you never know how much they hurt."

I went up to her and gripped her into a hug. She seemed surprised and confused, but eventually wrapped her arms around me too. She lost Cedric too, a humble guy, someone she loved. It was nice to know she'd live on to tell people just how wonderful his heart truly was. I pulled back and smiled at her, "Thank you. Cedric must've been great."

"He was more than great. Indescribable, really."

"He'd be proud of you, Cho."

I watched the dark-haired girl leave the room and opened the letter. I looked over the familiar handwriting of Hermione Granger and sighed, sitting on my bed.

'𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒥𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓅𝑒𝓇,
𝐼'𝓂 𝓈𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑒𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒹𝒶𝓎. 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓇𝓎 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒. 𝐼 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒹𝒾𝒹. 𝐼'𝓋𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝐻𝒶𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑅𝑜𝓃 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑀𝒶𝓁𝒻𝑜𝓎. 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒𝒻𝓊𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓈𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎. 𝐼'𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒽𝒾𝓂, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝒾'𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒾𝓉. 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎 𝑜𝒻 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝓉 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝑒𝒹. 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼'𝓂 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹.. 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑒, 𝑜𝒻 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒. 𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝒶 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓊𝓅 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼'𝓋𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓃𝑒. 𝐼 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀. 𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝓈𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓊𝓈 𝒶𝓉 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒻𝒶𝓈𝓉. 𝐻𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝑜𝑜𝓃.
𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹,
𝐻𝑒𝓇𝓂𝒾𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒢𝓇𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇'