Gadreel's Fall

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Were we not still brethren, wouldn't you have released your wrath upon me as promised?" Lucifer countered.

Another annoyed huff. Gadreel never interacted with Lucifer prior to nor during his fall. That was what kept him from attacking, he reasoned.

"Why do you pester me? Wouldn't you prefer a larger audience to twist with your silver tongue?"

A full-bodied chuckle wracked the Fallen's form. When he finally regained his composure, he answered, "I only speak truths, firstly. But as for 'why you,' my reasoning is simple. You are one of the only two who have been able to detect my masked presence. Both of you are strong and should know the truth."

Gadreel shook his head, fighting the urge to respond to Lucifer's compliment. "Who else have you addressed?"

"I went to visit Semyaza, but she is already discovering the truth for herself, and so I left her presence."

"What have you done to her?" Gadreel bellowed. He took a threatening step forward, but Lucifer seemed to welcome the advance, his arms at ease by his sides.

"I've done nothing. She is coming to her own conclusions. Enough on your leader, however. My intention lies with you."

A shiver traveled down Gadreel's spine. He now understood how the other Fallen were entranced by Lucifer and his smooth, sincere timbre.

"I only wish to tell you the truth," he continued. "What you do with that knowledge is your choice."

Gadreel hesitated. In the highly unlikely chance that an angel encountered Lucifer on Earth, the order was to apprehend him and bring him to Heaven for further punishment. Gadreel decided against his better judgement to hear him out, lest he provide pertinent information to report to the seraphs. He discarded the polearm.

"Speak your piece."

"'Father' is a liar. He did not create the universe, nor is he perfect like he claims. He is not the all-father, because no one god is all-powerful," he said.

Gadreel stared at Lucifer, shocked by the blasphemy he uttered. He expected to hear ridiculousness, but nothing so damnable.

"I should cut you where you stand. The Lord is our father and creator!"

"Yes, he did create us messengers," Lucifer conceded. "But he did not create all. If he was the one true god, we would be perfect creatures, and he would be perfect. But we are not and he is not because he's actually a Tricker of no higher standing than Loki or Coyote."

Gadreel paled and took a step back. His head pounded as every utterance from Lucifer's lips grated against his mind and seeded dissonance. Somehow, deep inside of himself, he knew the veracity of Lucifer's words, and it conflicted with Gadreel's very existence. He felt an immense pressure build in his head.

"I can't stand this!" Gadreel screeched while clutching his head in pain.

He had heard enough. A sword formed in each of his hands, and his wings flared out in warning before he launched himself at Lucifer.

Lucifer watched Gadreel's advance through calculating eyes. He summoned his staff as the swords descended upon him and blocked both. The pair of angels were but a hair's length apart, furious white glared into composed red. That look angered the Watcher, for the Fallen's eyes were more than composed. They were filled with compassion, as if he were something to be pitied.

"Stop looking at me like that!" Gadreel growled.

"You fight the truth and there is no need for resistance. It wells inside of you," Lucifer admonished. "Stop fighting yourself."