Solace

Before you even fully awakened, your grip tightened on Spot, making sure he really was there. Reassuring your mind that he was back, safe, with you. 

"You a'right, doll?" Spot mumbled sleepily.

"Mhm." You said, your face pressed against his chest. "You never scare me like dat again, a'right?" You said looking up at him.

"A'right." Spot bent his head down and pecked you lightly on the lips. You kissed back, making it a little longer.

"Oh good you'se awake- oh, why is it always me." Blink muttered from the doorway. 

Spot made an annoyed noise low in his throat, you blushed, and Blink tapped his foot on the floor. 

"You realize you never told the Darlings you were alive last night." Blink said.

"Oh." Spot looked unhappy at the prospect of facing them, and honestly you couldn't blame him. 

"They ain't all bad." Blink said, looking at the two of you. "The two younger 'uns didn't do anythin' wrong, an' da older one... she didn't really undastand da whole 'enemies' t'ing. Plus she held 'er own against Pulitzer pretty well."

"I suppose." You said begrudgingly. 

"Anyway, breakfast is ready." Blink called over his shoulder. "In case ya need anotha reason ta come down."

Spot groaned as you sat up, but he got up right with you, his hand held tightly in yours. He didn't let go, even as he tried to put on his suspenders-- which he had taken off to sleep --with one hand. 

"I ain't lettin' go of ya again." He explained to your questioning face. 

You smiled slightly. It was sweet. So you helped him put the suspenders on, and reached up and kissed his cheek after. "Now, let's go eat."

When the two of you got down to the main camp, a couple of littles were putting plates on the table while a couple of middles were bringing out the food. John and Michael were talking with some other boys, and Wendy was sitting on a log alone. Despite everything that had happened, you felt a little sorry for her. 

"Presenting..." Race yelled when he saw the two of you. "Da King an' Queen o' Nevahland!" 

John's eyes widened. Michael let out a squeal. Wendy rose to her feet, staring in your direction, then fainted dead away.

Blink caught her.

*****

Wendy awoke on a cot, the faces of her brothers and Blink bending over her. 

"Why'dja wake up? We were gonna pour water on ya." Michael said, disappointed. 

"Well then, I am glad I woke up." Wendy told him. "What happened?"

"Spot's alive and you fainted." John said.

"I caught you." Blink added, looking at the girl. "You're welcome." He added with a wink.

"Oh." Wendy blushed slightly, looking at the blonde boy. "Have we been introduced? My name is Wendy."

"Kid Blink." Blink said, lifting her hand to his lips and kissing the back. "Pleased to meet you properly."

And Spot Conlon vanished from Wendy's heart entirely.

*****

You were sitting next to Spot, holding hands underneath the table, when Blink and the Darlings came back down.

"There ain't enough seats." One of the boys called.

Spot immediately shifted you over onto his lap. "There's one down hea!" He called, letting go of your hand and wrapping that arm around your waist. You were blushing like heck as the Lost Boys rearranged to fit everyone. Down at the other end of the table, Blink and Wendy squeezed into a seat clearly intended for one. You raised your eyebrows towards Blink and he responded with a smile wide enough to wrap all the way around the Earth and back again. Clearly, that was sorted out.

Spot finished eating before you did, and as you were eating he put his head on your shoulder, his face towards your neck. Right as you lifted your cup to your lips to take a drink, he kissed the crook of your neck. It was small; to the rest of the table it didn't even look like he moved. But you felt it alright, and nearly spilled your water.

"You a'right Y/N?" Mush asked. 

"Fine." You said through gritted teeth, subtly kicking Spot's ankle. 

"You sure, doll?" Spot whispered in your ear. 

"Yes." You said firmly.

"Guess I'll hafta try again." Spot whispered. You shot him a warning look, which he didn't see, of course. You bit down on your lip to keep from making any noise as Spot continued to leave trails of small kisses up and down your neck. It was all you could do to keep from blushing, and as soon as you were finished you made your excuses and hurried up to Spot's cabin, knowing he would follow.

When Spot opened the door of his cabin, you were standing with your arms crossed and one eyebrow raised. "Care to explain yourself?"

Spot smirked. "Why should I?" He said, closing the door behind him and leaning against the wall in an attemptedly casual position. 

You sauntered up to him and placed your finger square on his chest. "Because, I thought ya didn't like showin' affection in public."

"I wasn't showin' anythin' doll." Spot says, his smirk still on his face. "If anythin', you were."

You frown at him. "Why'd ya do that though?"

"I wanted ta getcha alone. Haven't gotten a chance ta kiss ya properly since I 'died'."

"You could've just asked." You huffed.

Spot smirked down at you. "Anyway, doll, we'se alone." He raised his eyebrows.

You rolled your eyes, but you couldn't deny you wanted to kiss him. And the way he was looking at you definitely didn't help. So you leaned in and planted your lips on his.

Spot smiled into the kiss, his hands finding your waist as he quickly flipped the two of you so that you were in between him and the wall. You hummed into the kiss, your hands tangling in his hair. Spot's lips pressed a little harder into yours, and you returned the intensity, pulling him closer to you.

And then the door opened.

"A'right, do youse have some sorta secret spyglass or somethin' that ya can see me comin' wit' cause I swear, every single time I come up hea I get greeted wit' dis." Blink said, his hand over his eyes.

"Maybe you oughta knock." Spot said with a glare.

"Yeah, maybe. Still, every time you two're just in hea suckin' each otha's faces off." Blink shook his head.

"We don't get to be alone very often." You piped up from behind Spot. "So when we do, we ain't 'xactly gonna be standin' 5 feet apart talkin' 'bout da weather."

Blink shook his head. "I don't even r'member what I came in hea for."

Spot rolls his eyes. "So ya int'rupted us for nothin'? T'anks a lot."

Blink snaps his fingers. "Right! We's buildin' a fire, wanted ta know if you'se comin'."

You furrow your brow. "Really?"

Blink looks down sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "A'right, there's somethin' else too. Y/N, you'se a goil. D'you t'ink Wendy likes me?"

A/N: Okie y'all should I send the Darlings home or just leave 'em here? I think it might be nice to have another girl for Y/N, and I'm 'redeeming' her, sooo...