Swan Song

A/N: Here it is guys... the final chapter. (It's trash and short I'm so sorry).  I've loved writing this so much, and I hate to see it go, but I don't know what school will be like this upcoming year and if I'll get a chance to write at all, so I'm trying to wrap up as many of my stories as I can. I hope y'all have enjoyed this. ♥

ˢʷᵃⁿ ˢᵒⁿᵍ:ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵃˢᵗ ᵃᶜᵗ ᵒʳ ᵐᵃⁿⁱᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵒᶠ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ᵒʳ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ; ᶠᵃʳᵉʷᵉˡˡ ᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳᵃⁿᶜᵉ:

The Darlings had returned to the mainland after a few more weeks on the island. Blink had gone to fly them back with Spot, and had come back a little quieter. Unknown to him, you had seen him take out a small metal object from his pocket when he thought he was alone, rolling it in his palm. It was a thimble.

Neverland continued to thrive, the birds and plants and animals still bright and vivid and alive. After all, wasn't the entirety of the island built on life? The act of living, of being free? To say otherwise would be to take away absolutely nothing from the experience.

The boys still ran and played and fought and swam and picked berries and built campfires and continued their lives carefree and happy, and you were right there with them. As the time passed, you found yourself thinking less and less of the city as home, although the memory of the family you had lost was still as fresh and bright as you could keep it. But you had found another family now. It could never replace your old one, but this was another kettle of fish entirely. One with nearly all you could ever want.

It wasn't all perfect; the pirates were still out there, and you had no doubt they'd eventually find out Spot was alive, and then that would have to be dealt with.

But a 'happily ever after' wasn't a single event. Nor was it at all boring .