Secrets

A shaft of sunlight rested on your closed eyes, and they opened slowly as you yawned, before shooting open quickly as you realized something. You were on Spot's cot. You sat up, but you were alone in the small wooden room. Until you weren't. The door opened and Spot himself came sauntering in. 

"Mornin', Y/N." He said.

"Mornin'." You mumbled, your eyes dropping down to your lap and a crimson blush rising to your cheeks as you saw that Spot was still shirtless. Of course he is you nitwit. You're wearing his shirt. 
"Oh, uh, I should prob'ly give ya this back." You plucked at the shirt you were wearing. 

"Keep it foa now, 'til we's can get ya anudda... I'se assumin' ya don't wanna walk 'round wit' no shirt on?" 

Your blush intensified as Spot chuckled. "Dat's what I thought. C'mon, it's breakfast time."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been almost a week since you had arrived on Neverland. You had your own cabin now, and had been all over the island. Except for one area. Directly opposite the home of Spot and his Lost Boys. You had never been there, and you had never really thought about it. Until today. You had just gotten back from swimming again, which you did nearly every day. Spot had scrounged up some extra clothes for you from who-knows-where, so that you could have a spare pair for swimming and such. While you changed in your cabin, you suddenly realized- call it fate, a premonition, or something else entirely- that you had never been on the eastern side of the island.

You emerged from your cabin and slid down a rope to the ground. In the beginning this had burned your hands, but you had quickly developed calluses from living on the island. You saw Spot sitting on a log near the fire pit. There was nobody else in sight. You snuck up behind him, intending to scare him. You kept to the tree line as you got closer and closer. Peering around the trunk of the subsequent tree, you were shocked to see... nobody.

"Boo." A voice whispered next to your ear. You jumped nearly three feet and came down to see Spot, his ever-present smirk on his face, leaning against the tree, watching you.

"Ugh." You put a hand over your heart. 

"What's da mattah, doll, unhappy ta see me?" Spot did some sort of adorable pout thing with his lips that should have been classified as a deadly weapon. Heck, his whole self should have been classified as a deadly weapon. 

"Definitely not that." You said, feeling heat rise to your cheeks. "I was wondering... what's on the east side of the island?"

Spot's gaze became sharper. "Who told ya 'bout dat?"

"Um... there has to be something, right? Last time I checked, east is still a direction?" 

Spot relaxed a little, but remained tense. He breathed out, a long sigh. Eventually he spoke. "Right. I'se gonna take ya ta see da east side, but youse gotta promise me somethin'. Nevah go dea wit'out me. Nevah."

"O-Okay..." You said, unsure where this was going. Spot gave you some fairy dust, took your hand, as was his custom when you flew (although you didn't know why, as he never did this with any of the boys), and lifted into the air. 

The two of you quickly flew over the canopy, and, like usual, the sight nearly took your breath away. No matter how many times you flew, you could never get used to the view; it was just as breathtaking as the first time you flew.

Spot landed in a small clearing near the beach. You landed next to him, before turning to look at him. "W-"

"Shhh." Spot held a finger to his lips. He looked uncharacteristically serious. "If we's gonna do this, you hafta be quiet. Real quiet."

You nodded, and Spot, his fingers still entwined with yours, pushed aside a few branches and bushes until you could see the beach clearly. Your eyes widened at the sight before you.

It was a ship; a large schooner with a black hull and fancy script writing on the side that said "The World". It was flying the Jolly Roger.  

You gasped and looked over at Spot. He was looking back at you, a sparkle in his eyes. "Wanna get closah?"

Against your better instincts, you nodded. Spot led you stealthily to the edge of the forest, and you two crouched behind some shrubs. Spot pulled a brass spyglass from his belt and aimed it towards the ship. His tongue stuck out in concentration as he focused the glass onto the deck of the ship. Once it was focused properly he took the glass from his eye and handed it to you. You took the spyglass from him and peered through it.

An older man with a big beard stood at the prow of the ship, dressed in fancy clothes. He was relaying orders to the shorter man next to him, who was a little on the fat side. The crew scurried about on deck, preparing a longboat.

"I think they's comin' to shore." You whispered, handing the glass to Spot. He trained it on the ship, and on the boat that was swiftly dropping down the side. 

"We's gotta go." Spot muttered, jumping to his feet and grabbing you by the hand again, pulling you back to the clearing. When you reached it the two of you took of into the air again, flying quickly back to the camp. You touched down in the area near the firepit and looked to Spot.

"Pirates?" You said.

He nodded. "Yeah."

"...you didn't t'ink of mentionin' this when you asked if I wanted ta stay?" Your voice shot up a little at the end of the sentence.

Spot bit his lip and looked down towards the ground. "Guess I just wanted ya ta stay." he mumbled almost inaudibly. 

You blushed and instantly forgave him. "It's a'right." You said. "But if there's pirates about I should learn to defend myself." You picked up a wooden sword from the ground. All the Lost Boys had one, and they would often spar in the evenings. You had never tried though, and were surprised at how heavy it was. 

"I t'ink dat can be arranged." Spot said, pulling his own sword out and balancing it lightly in his palm. "Ready foah yoah foist lesson?"