viii

Akaashi wakes up, greeted by Bokuto who's watching a video on his phone. He props himself up, shuffling closer to Bokuto and rests his head on the taller boy's shoulder as his attention is drawn to the screen.

He can't take his eyes off as he watches Bokuto in the Fukurodani volleyball jersey send a perfect spike, just keeping it close enough to scrape by the inside of the line. The camera swaps and shows Bokuto celebrating, rushing to his teammates and letting out an accomplished "hey, hey, hey".

The video then changes to a different team, their volleyball jerseys saying Nekoma, who stare at Bokuto in utter awe. Their number 5 gets a cameo quickly as he sets to his partner, but the video cuts again, it now showing an interview with Oikawa.

Bokuto immediately clicks off and I look away slightly in discomfort. "Sorry. Kuroo sent me that video. It's really popular and I had that cameo." He tries to defend himself, remembering how Akaashi briefly mentioned his ex cheated on him with Oikawa.

Akaashi gets over it quite quickly, realising that neither of them could even remotely compare to Bokuto. "So... That was you playing volleyball?"
"Yes! Did you like it, Akaashi? I've been training really hard." Bokuto beams, anxious for an answer.

Akaashi chuckles slightly. "You were wonderful, Bokuto. Hopefully I'll be able to watch you play a match next time."
"As a spectator? On the court?"
"Yes, Bokuto."

Bokuto sets his phone down and places his hands around Akaashi's waist. He draws him into his embrace and places a gentle kiss just below Akaashi's earlobe. "You're the best, Akaashi." Bokuto states. Akaashi moves Bokuto's hands away ans shuffles off the bed.

"I'm going to get changed and check up on Konoha. Meet me downstairs when you're ready?" Akaashi picks out a black turtleneck with slightly ripped skinny jeans. He walks towards his bedroom door and glances back at Bokuto who has his half of his attention on Akaashi and the other half on rubbing his eyes.

This puts a smile on Akaashi's face and he does a quick detour just to place a kiss on Bokuto's temple. Once Akaashi leaves, Bokuto gets dressed and heads straight downstairs, immediately messaging Kuroo.

bokuto: BRO

kuroo: what happened

bokuto: remember how i said i was going to the school event with the guy?

kuroo: did he ditch you

kuroo: bokuto please tell me this is good news

bokuto: we had the most amazing night

bokuto: we danced, talked, he was so happy for me when i won prom king and

kuroo: aaaaaaand?

bokuto: we kind of kissed.. A few times

kuroo: oya oya?

bokuto: i really like him kuroo

kuroo: have you asked him out yet

bokuto: no :(

bokuto: stuff happened with konoha and i want to talk to akaashi when theres less going on

kuroo: akaashi hmmmmm ;)

kuroo: i cant believe this though

kuroo: im so happy for you

bokuto: thank you Kuroo!!

bokuto: i just hope he doesnt get bored or frustrated with me

kuroo: no point dwelling on uncertainty

kuroo: anyways i gtg

kuroo: kenma has a new game out and he wants me to go with him to get it