iv

All everyone at Fukurodani can talk about is the school dance taking place in four days. Bokuto has spent most of the day listening to his classmates gush about their partners for the event.

By now, he thought he would have worked up the courage to confess to Konoha that he's going with Akaashi, but there's some strange feeling about the idea of telling him that he can't quite brush off.

Everyone at school is in silent agreement when they say they're curious about who Bokuto's date is. Although they don't admit it, a lot of the girls find him insanely attractive and would totally have been his partner if he asked.

The final bell rings and Konoha rushes down to Bokuto's classroom. "Come on! Time to go shopping for some suits." He beams, the ordeal being one of his favourite parts of school dances.

Bokuto gives his friend a toothy grin as he picks up his bag from the side of the table. "Have you already got an idea of what you want?" Bokuto asks as they start their descent down the staircase.

"Plain and simple for me, but with small touches that make it look elegant." Konoha gushes, imagining an ideal outfit to compliment his figure. "What about you, Bokuto?"

"I haven't really given it much thought. I'm just going to look for one I like the look of and try it on." He scratches the side of his head in embarrassment, beginning to feel as if he isn't taking this dance seriously.

"You're doing fine, Bokuto. I can tell you're nervous from here. Not everyone needs to have an ideal outfit sorted out. Plenty of people go in with no expectations. It all works out fine in the end."

Bokuto gives Konoha a side embrace. "Thank you. I just hope my partner likes what I wear. "They will, Bokuto. They will."

Konoha ruffles Bokuto's hair before bringing him into a side embrace of his own. "I'm sure whoever it is can't wait to see how attractive you look. Especially in a suit. I think I might need to bring sunscreen to block out how hot you'll be."

Bokuto lets out a flustered laugh as him and Konoha leave the school together. They get in Bokuto's car, Konoha sticking on his favourite Spotify playlist for the two to sing badly out of tune renditions to during their drive down to the main shopping centre.

After a long struggle, Bokuto finally manages to find a place to park. He checks his phone briefly and notices some messages from both Kuroo and Akaashi. He opens Kuroo's first, eager to what the boy has to say out of the blue.

kuroo: hey big news!

kuroo: kenma and I finally got together!

bokuto: oh my gosh congrats :0

He notices Kuroo's absense, the message status kept as 'sent' rather than 'delivered' so he takes this as an opportunity to check his messages from Akaashi.

starboy: what are you wearing to the dance?

bokutowl: konoha and i are going shopping for suits! I'll probably just get a regular black one :)

starboy: a suit??

bokutowl: weren't you the one saying I should make this count before i regret it? :P

starboy: i guess yeah

starboy: i should probably find one to match then...

bokutowl: you don't have to go out of your way to buy a suit just to impress me

starboy: i know..

starboy: but it's my first time meeting you so i want to make it really count

bokutowl: just be yourself akaashi :)

bokutowl: anyways i gtg konoha is getting impatient

bokutowl: bye akaashi!! └|゜ε゜|┐

starboy: keep safe bokuto

starboy: (/^▽^)/