v

"Aaaaaand there's the finishing touches!" Konoha grins, moving Akaashi towards his full length mirror after helping him tie his tie. Akaashi looks in the mirror, immediately tearing up.

"Looking like a proper snack." Konoha jokes. Akaashi's face starts to cramp slightly as he stares at himself in complete awe.

"Do you think Bokuto would like it?" He asks, posing at different angles, completely mesmerised by his own appearance within this moment. "Of course he will. He's going to love you, 'Kaash."

Konoha checks the time, a small gasp escaping from his lips. "I've got to meet Annie soon. She wants to meet beforehand so that way we don't lose each other in the queue. I'll see you tonight?" He turns to Akaashi once more with complete joy, but also worry on his face.

"Yes. I'll see you tonight. I should probably text Bokuto and leave soon, too." Akaashi hugs Konoha tightly before whispering and ever so grateful "thank you" as he rests his head on Konoha's chest. "Text him now. That poor boy is probably checking his phone every second to see if you've messaged him."

Akaashi takes his phone from off his bed and begins to text bokuto. With each letter he types, the more he feels like he's in a perfect world as he begins to get all giddy from the excitement.

starboy: i just finished getting ready

bokutowl: i just need to put my tie on, but it's so difficult :(

bokutowl: im so excited to meet you

starboy: me too. Even if i am a bit nervous

bokutowl: why are you nervous? :(((

starboy: just in case you don't like me irl

bokutowl: im going to love you \(^ω^\)

starboy: you better do :')

bokutowl: do you want to meet a bit earlier to calm your nerves?

bokutowl: i can treat you to mcdonalds :3

starboy: :0

bokutowl: mcflurry~

starboy: :00

starboy: where and when

bokutowl: it takes me 20 mins to drive to the one near school if that works?

starboy: i might be like five minutes late

bokutowl: that's ok (。・ω・。)

bokutowl: I'll order your lunch so it'll be at the table by the time you arrive!

starboy: can i have the sweet chilli wrap meal? chips and oasis? 👉👈

bokutowl: medium or large?

starboy: medium

bokutowl: see you soon ヽ(^。^)丿

Akaashi walks at just enough speed that he wont trial behind schedule. He takes in every single piece of life around him during his stride, right from the birds chirping about to the potted plants from his local florist.

He pauses momentarily before taking a couple steps back. "How can I help you, young sir?"
"I was wondering how much it could cost for that flower brooch?"

Akaashi stares at the handcrafted brooches in a small cardboard box. "Oh, those? Dear, you're the first person to want to buy these." The elderly woman smiles, suddenly radiating an atmosphere only described as tranquil.

"They're ¥200 each." Akaashi looks through the box ever so delicately until he finds one that matches his eye colour. "I'll take this one. Here, some extra money for you." Akaashi gives the woman ¥1000 and place the now gift wrapped brooch in his pocket ready to give to Bokuto.

The McDonald's is in sight and a ping from his phone fills him with joy. He immediately checks it, Bokuto letting him know whereabouts he is in the restaurant.

It doesn't take long for Akaashi to shuffle past the slightly broken automatic doors and turn to his left to greet his prom date.

Bokuto raises his hand before gesturing for Akaashi to sit in front of him. Akaashi does exactly so and takes in the beauty of the boy in front of him. His hair is black and grey, perfectly styled back so that it's unique, but not distasteful.

His honey coloured eyes are enough to melt Akaashi's heart and they stare so lovingly into his own eyes. "It's so nice to finally meet you in person, Akaashi." Bokuto greets.

Even the way Bokuto says his name is enough for him to fall in love much harder.

"You, too. I'm excited to get to know you." Akaashi responds, not wanting to look away from Bokuto's grinning face.

Bokuto analyses Akaashi, mesmerised by those maroon coloured eyes now that he can see their true beauty in person. The small locks of hair which have been carefully styled to frame his face shine ever so slightly in the sun, giving Akaashi the opportunity to show off his natural beauty to his full potential.

"Oh, Bokuto, before our food arrives. I got something for you..." Akaashi mumbles, embarrassed in case Bokuto finds the gift unusual or tacky. Bokuto tilts his head in an inquisitive manner, watching as Akaashi pulls out a small trinket from his pocket.

He places it in Bokuto's hands who immediately uses them to unwrap the present. He raises his hand to view the brooch in more detail before placing it on his suit, proud to show off to the world.

Akaashi blushes at the gesture, not expecting Bokuto to be so humble. "Thank you, Akaashi. I know it isn't anything compared to the thought you put into my gift, but I hope that maybe I could treat you to a late night stroll at my favourite spot once the dance is over?"

"Bokuto..." Akaashi breathes. "I would be honou-"
"One wrap of the day meal, fries and Oasis. Two seven piece chicken selects, five quarter pounders, three large fries, an apple pie and large sea salt caramel latte?" The server interrupts, sliding the tray in between the two boys and waiting for them to confirm the order is complete.

"Can I get some sweet and sour sauce?" Akaashi asks. The lady nods, walking off to retrieve the extra sauces. Bokuto immediately starts eating, offering one of his chicken strips to Akaashi who is simply in awe over how much food Bokuto can eat in one sitting.

"You do realise we're going to get a three course meal as part of our dance, right?" Akaashi laughs, taking a chicken strip from Bokuto's open box.

"Of course I know! I just have a big appetite. You can blame volleyball for that." Bokuto admits, looking back up at Akaashi. He doesn't even lie to himself when he thinks about how maybe his feelings towards Akaashi are far stronger than anyone else he's met.