Chapter 5, The dream...

Hello peoples I am back from the depths of despair!!!!!

Galleous P.O.V.

I looked down at the child, who was now mine until Thalleous found a home for him. "Why, of all Ardoni, did he choose me?" I wondered aloud,

"What did he mean by 'the only person he could trust?'" I asked this to the child in my arms but there was no answer, especially because he was sleeping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nora's P.O.V.

I looked at Tygren, who was asleep.

"Will he be okay?" Ember inquired. 

"I'm not sure." said the Voltaris who was healing him. He had Proteheal as one of his Songs so he was deemed the medic. 

 Ingressus entered into the cave, visibly worried about the child lying on the bed.

"Well, he'd better be." He interjected.

"I'm sorry, but there's no way of telling."

"I will leave at dawn, and when I return he must be fine!" Ingressus hissed, "You hear?" 

"We'll try, but-" the Voltaris started to say, but before he could finish, the agitated Master cut him off. 

"No! He must be okay!" 

"S-sorry, sir-" the medic stuttered. 

"Good." And with that, Ingressus turned around and left.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Ember?" I whispered, "Do you think he understands that he can't just give orders and everything turns out fine?"

"I don't know what's truly in that mind of his. In fact, no one does." Ember muttered back. 

"I really hope Tygren will be okay, though."

Then it hit me. His head was severely injured, and if he did survive his behavior will be dramatically altered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tygren's P.O.V.

My head throbbed with pain like I've never experienced, but I was enveloped by a strange dream.

I seemed to have appeared in a village. Ardoni with mint blue markings wandered around, going about their daily lives. I quickly limped away, fearing that they would see me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flicker of flame burning away at a hay bale. The heat scorched the dry straw, instantaneously turning them to ash. New tongues of flame licked at the surrounding trees before leaping onto the wood and consuming the material.

A panicked yelp from a young boy alerted the rest of the clan. Panic rippled through the Sendaris, with mothers frantically ushering their children away from the danger while other adults grabbed nearby buckets with water and attempted to battle the flame. However, the fire morphed into a raging inferno despite the splashes of water.

I ignored the sickening pain in my head and staggered away from the fire. Dream or not, I wasn't about to risk getting burned.

A figure strode out of the burning bushes. He was a Voltaris, with jagged markings like mine-

I squinted and looked closer. Was that me?! I found it hard to believe. My future self's eyes were swirling scarlet pools of dark rage, seemingly fueled by years of suppressed hatred and sadness.