Chapter 6, Mystery Child

This chapter might not be great so don't get your hopes up.

Achillean's P.O.V.

Nauseating pain shot through my shoulder when a blade embedded itself in it.

"You're on your last breath, Achillean!"

"Last breath?" said a familiar voice of a child, "I think you're on your last breath!"

The youngster, who was wearing a dark cloak, darted towards the attacking Voltaris, sword raised and ready to land a blow.

"Stay away from them! They're dangerous!" I shouted.

The child promptly ignored me and continued his advance.

"You'll never destroy me!" he yelped.

 The crimson Ardoni scoffed in response, deeming that the child was not a threat.

"Strange." 

 The Voltaris barely spared a disdainful glance at the child, who swung his iron sword at my attacker. The weapon missed the target by a mile.I propped myself up with my uninjured shoulder. Scrambling back to my feet, I brandished my staff once more and prepared to strike. This caught the attention of the enemy, who turned back to face me. 

"Pathetic," he growled, "Both of you!" 

He struck, aiming a blow at my chest. I parried the attack with my staff and swung at his legs. The Voltaris jumped back to avoid being hurt. 

"Kill him!" a new voice commanded. 

The child heard this order and stabbed the Ardoni who wounded me. 

 "Don't hurt my father!" he pleaded. 

"Your father?" the voice wondered. 

Someone walked closer. The voice's source revealed itself to be Ingressus, my brother and the Deathsinger himself. 

 "Adopted." I quickly corrected him. 

"Is that true?" Ingressus gazed at the youngling, who stood defiantly in front of me. "He looks to be from another clan."

"I'm a Nestoris!" the child suddenly blurted out. 

"He looks old enough to know the difference between the clans, yet he still has no clue? Why is that?" 

"He still has a lot to learn." 

 "Well, better teach him before he kills his own clan."

Section edited by @Ingressus_Voltaris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thalleous' P.O.V.

I heard the sound of swords clashing, and screams of young children. The night was no longer dark as the day was no longer light. Fire was all that seemed to be there, and yet there was water. My head spun as the world was changing around me in a kind of mystical sense. The fire became life, the darkness of day became light, and as for the night it was dark. I saw no war, but what I saw was a child. He had blood red markings, but yet his eyes showed the color of water. The place seemed peaceful. The grass was green and the birds sang. The child looked at me with fear in his eyes. He drew his sword and held it like he was ready to fight. And then the blow came. His song was much too powerful to deflect. But then. I woke up.

It was night, but I could not sleep. I walked outside my courters and saw the many flashes of songs in the distance. How lucky am I to get sleep, and not have to fight thought the night. But what if I could-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Galleous' P.O.V.

Seeing Senn walk for the first time really surprised me. His eyes beamed with joy. But joy doesn't last for long. The days passed and yet not a single word from Thalleous, but of course the war was still going on. I really hoped that he was still out there, still fighting, still breathing. What really worried me the most was that he stopped sending me letters. But they could of just ran out of paper. Still.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ingressus' P.O.V.

Achillean is in the way. I need to- but I can't. Ugh, get over it Ingressus, your evil now, and there's no changing it. He may be your brother but he is you foe now. You have to deal with it. But- NO! I MUST KILL HIM! I-I need to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurelius' P.O.V.

The war is over I can feel it. Something happened. The Voltaris are retreating. Not as they did when the Neather left. I mean they are really no longer fighting.

"Aurelius! It's Achillean!" Thalleous shouted as he rushed into the room.

"WHAT! What happened?!" I asked rapidly.

"H-His songs, They're not with him anymore."

"No! I don't see-that can't be true!"

"We found Ingressus' too."

"That means both of them are-"

"Dead."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Sigh* Finally, another chapter completed!

Hope you enjoyed it!