4

"Nyx, please come down to my office." I groan as I get off the couch and walk to the door. "What's that about?" Sam asks as he grabs my hand. "Illy and I spray painted the fountain." I explain. "You've been here for two months and you're already getting in trouble." He snickers. I shrug as I walk out into the hall. I walk towards Reyes' office and smile when I see Illy sitting in front of her desk. I sit in the chair next to her and wait for the lecture to start.

Ten minutes later she gives up and dismisses us. We walk back to the lounge room. "Where's Sam?" I ask as I look around. "I think he went outside." Rhane says. "Ok." I mumble as I walk out. I walk to the door and wave my hand at the camera. The door opens and I head outside. I smile when I see Sam kneeling by the fountain. "Admiring my work I see." I joke as I walk over to him. He smiles up at me as I sit on the side of the fountain. "What's this symbol?" he asks as he points to one of the things I had painted. "It's an Elvin ruin. It means free." I explain. "It's actually the only tattoo I was able to get before I came here." I pull my sleeve up to show him the small tattoo on my wrist. He traces his thumb over the ruin and smiles. "Kinda ironic, don't ya think?" He chuckles, looking up at me. "Yeah." I sigh. "You'll get out of here. No matter what I have to do, I promise that I'm going to get you out of here." He takes my hand and pulls me off of the fountain. "We're going to get out of here together." I say as he pulls me into a hug.

AN: hey guys! I figured I'd give you one last chapter before I put this book on hiatus, so here ya go. I hope you enjoyed it!