3

It has now been about a month sense I arrived at the facility. I've been sleeping a little better but not much. I also realized that I do infact like Sam as more than a friend. Dani and Rahne are the only ones that know.
I close the book and set it down on my desk. I stand up and walk to my door. I walk out and decide to skip breakfast and head outside. I sit under a tree and lean my head back. I sigh and shake my head. "This is hopeless." I mumble. "What is?" Sam asks as he sits down and wraps his arm around my shoulders. "Nothing." I tell him. "Don't lie to me." He sighs. "It's just...I can't stand being trapped here." I explain. "I know. You'll get out of here eventually." He says. "What about you?" I question. "What about me?" He asks. "You're gonna come with me, aren't you?" I ask. "I dont know Nyx... sometimes it feels like I deserve to be here." He mumbles. "I'm not leaving without you." I say as I turn my body to face him. "Ok, ok I'll come with you. Come here." He says as he opens his arms. I move closer to him and he pulls me into a hug. I pull away just enough to look him in the eyes and smile. "What?" He questions. "Nothing." I grin as I pull away and lean back on the tree. I smile when I see Dani and Rhane walking over to us. Dani grabs my wrist and pulls me over to the chapel. "What's happening?" I ask as I look back at Sam and Rhane. "You're telling him." She says. "Absolutely not." I tell her. "Why not? He obviously likes you too." She sighs. "But what if he doesn't?" I mumble. "No what if's." She barks as she pushes me towards Sam. I shake my head as I walk over to him. "What was that about?" He asks. "I'll tell you later." I say. Dani gives me a 'what the hell' look and I shake my head. "Ok what's going on?" Sam questions. "Nyx likes you!" Dani shouts. "God damnitt Dani!" I yell as I start chasing after her. She laughs as she runs away. I continue to chase her for a few minutes before sitting down under a tree near the barrier. I sigh as I rest my head in between my knees. "Nyx?" I hear Sam mumble as he sits next to me. "Yeah." I whisper "Ya know...I uh...I like you too." He tells me. "R-Really?" I stutter as I look over at him. He nods and smiles at me. I giggle as I tackle him in a hug. We laugh as we fall backwards into the grass. Our laughter comes to a halt as we look each other in the eyes. I smile a little as I rest my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes and imagine what it will be like once we escape.