(8)Well That's Anti Climatic

Start from the beginning

Windu nodded, "Yoda is right. The dark side is like a drug, clouds the reasoning of the person using it. It makes them paranoid, and powerful. Powerful enough to act upon the paranoia. Which makes an endless loop of fear of losing power, hate for those who would take the power, and the power that fuels the hate and fear."

"Which is what happened to me." Vader said in a low voice. He took his face out of his hands, looking at every one. "I'm not making excuses. what I did is something I can never live down." Vader looked at Luke, Laia, and even Han in turn. "I'm sorry for everything. I wasn't mentally in the right place back then, and I made a stupid decision one that I couldn't take back. If I had taken it back I would've been killed by the emperor." Luke started to rub his father's back in a comforting way. "I'm so sorry kids, I'm sorry for hurting your mother, I'm sorry for hurting you kids, and I'm sorry." Vader broke down in tears. Ones that had been held back for a while.

Every one looked at the middle aged, broken man before them. Luke continued the reassuring contact on Vader's back. After a moment Laia got up, and gave her father a hug. This wasn't a 'I forgive you for everything, because friendship is magic!', but a 'I'll give you one chance to make it up to me'. Though she said nothing, Vader felt what she meant by it, through their fragile bond.

They stayed like that for several minutes, and while the three hugged out their feelings the others continued the original conversation.

"How should we assassinate him? We're not koro-sensei." Obi-Wan said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"We'll send in a small team." Windu said evenly. "I will be the one leading the team." Windu left no room for argument. "Who else?"

"I'll go!" Anikin said eagerly.

"No I will!" Vader said, through the now bone crushing hug. Anakin glared at Vader, and Vader returned the favor. The staring contest continued.

Luke and Laia pulled away from Vader. "Nether of you guys will, I'll go in your places." Both men looked to Luke, who had been the one who spoke, in surprise at the tone of command in Luke's voice. Then Vader's look turned to one of pride.

"He is so much like Padme. He is more like her every day." He said in a bragging kind of way.

"Yeah he is." Anakin said in the same kind of voice.

"But Laia takes after Anakin." Obi-Wan butted in.

"Na, she's way better looking than me!" Anakin said.

"No, she's like us" Vader spoke to Anakin with certainty.

"Why are you two just talking about your kids! We're in a war mother-fuckers. There's no time for stupid subjects. I should grab your hat for that!" Windu exclaimed.

"Moo-shoo, you are not." Yoda chuckled.

Windu rolled his eyes. "Back to the matter at hand. I think I would like Luke to come on the mission. The Chancellor wants Anakin, and possibly Vader. Those are the reasons why you two should not be there. I can not ask Mr Solo or Mrs Solo to be on the mission. Mr Solo is not up to par this the rest of us, and Mrs Solo is pregnant. Obi-Wan need to keep an eye on Skywalker and Vader so they don't run off."

At this Anakin looked indignant, like he wouldn't just run off to join a mission he wasn't invited on. While Vader looked aggrieved but also understanding like would just run off to join a mission he wasn't invited on.

Windu continued, "master Yoda would you like to be on this mission?"

"Think I am 200 years old, do you hmm? No, no, too old I am. Hold you back I would."